Chapter 1 Edward

Present Day...

Biology, out of all the classes he loves the class. He'd take the class everyday if he can any day, but today the stars have alined. "Okay, class today we have a new student named Hermione Granger. I hope you guys will be kind to her and show her around, now Hermione please go take the seat next to Edward over there," she said as she showed Hermione to her seat. Strange, he thought he couldn't read her. This is the first time someone was able to block him completely out of their mind. Just then a voice ran out in his head "Occlumency, blocks people out of their minds." Confused he looked around for the person who said it, but all he saw was a smirking Hermione. Then, he smelled it the smell of blood and it was Hermione's. He clenched his desk and hoped that no one would notice especially Hermione. "Miss? May I be excused?" He asked the teacher. "Sure Edward be back soon though," she said then went back to her lesson. He rushed out the room and ran all the way to the back home. "Edward? What are you doing here?" Asked Esme she came from the kitchen with some kind of book. "Something happened in school, well sorta there was this girl named Hermione and I couldn't read her." He said as he decided not to tell Esme about the voice. "Really?" She said with amusement. "Seriously, how can you be so amused by that?" He said, he was confused and irritated. "Maybe she's the one for you." said Esme without looking up from the book she started reading. Is she though, he thought? He ran back to school even though he only have one class before school ends. "Where were you Edward?" asked Jasper. "Ya, Jasper, Emmet, Rosalie, and I were worried sick!" Said Alice as she walked toward him and Jasper with the others in towed. He quickly explained the entire event of the Biology class with them and that he couldn't read Hermione. "Woah, I thought nobody can withstand vampire powers well, maybe with exceptions of witches and wizards." Said Emmet then suddenly stops and thinks about the idea. "It's possible and it did said something about Occlumency." Edward said all of a sudden. "It? Who is this it?" Asked Rosalie curiously. "We should ask Carlisle about this," said Alice then running into the woods due to the fact the bell has officially just rang. The others went with her as well, before he went he saw her. Hermione walking out of her classroom their eyes met for just a second then he left reluctantly. That girl is strange so strange that he couldn't even read her. He saw her from her window a few months ago when she just moved here ever since then he felt the need of her blood. Was she really the one?