I can't do this anymore... (Pt1)

"Mhh. That feels nice," Zelda whispers, eyes closed and breathing even. She imagines the smile of Mary, massaging her aching scalp after a way too long day filled with way too much rain and way too much false anticipation left her hair greasy and in the need of some love and care. Her body relaxes even further against the cold material of their bathtub while Lilith's hands work their magic on her screaming muscles.

"You've been stressing way too much." It's meant as a loving insult, just like their conversations used to be, but even Lilith can hear how weak and worried she sounds, while sitting on the floor in their dimly lit bathroom.

"I just wanted everything to be perfect," Zelda states and she is way too tired to be having this conversation. She knows deep down that Lilith is right, that she stresses too much, works too much, drinks too much and sleeps too little but at that moment, in that bathtub she just can't stand the thought of saying it all aloud after all these months were spent silencing the brunette whenever she tried to mention anything to her.

"I know..."

Silence falls upon the bathroom and Lilith lets her fingers dance across Zelda's scalp and neck absently. Lilith is tired, tired of worrying about Zelda, tired of being the Queen of Hell, tired of keeping Zelda away from her family and tired of feeling so damn guilty about it. She can't stand it any longer. All the accusations that are waiting to be said, to be finally let out after months of keeping them in and all the accusations she knows Zelda will throw her way once the storm of bottled up emotions breaks loose over them. The fight is coming, both know that.

Too much isn't said and too much is lingering in the air, making it thicker than the layer of dust in their new home. Hell surely doesn't become everyone, Zelda thinks at the thought of how bad of a condition their house is in but she can't be bothered by simply things like cleaning.

"It's not your fault they didn't come," Lilith tries but she sees Zelda's chest heave in sheer aggravation.

"No, it truly isn't," she says, her voice laced in venom and bitterness.

"Maybe next time," Lilith says for the tenth time in a month. She feels ridiculous saying it after so many nights of disappointment and soothing were spent in the safety of their bedroom and led to exactly one thing. Nothing. Zelda's family won't come visit them. No matter how bad Zelda begs or no matter how much Lilith tries to talk Hilda into convincing everyone.

Sabrina is still as mad as ever at Lilith for using her beloved boyfriend as a trap and killing her favorite teacher, even though she did bring her back. Nevertheless the poor woman changed forever once she recovered from the shock of finding out that the memory of the past six months were wiped off her memory; almost as if those six months never even happened.

"Maybe..." Zelda says absently. Both of them know that they're only pretending at this point. Living a lie in order to avoid talking about the truth.

Lilith's movements stiffen at the bitterness of the moment and her attention is drawn to the tensing of Zelda's muscles underneath the milky bath water that makes her skin shimmer in a delicate blueish color; almost as if she was a gift sent from heaven.

Heaven... A place Lilith tries so hard to forget but watching Zelda's smile lessen from day to day and her cheeks go hollower from week to week, not even she can deny that the appearance of her lover comes way too close to a certain creature she once knew oh so well; almost as if she just didn't want to see what is going on right in front of her gorgeous blue eyes until now.

Gorgeous blue eyes... The ones the ginger witch fell in love with once they moved past the false hatred and jealous and accepted their feelings for what they are; love and need.