Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

4 | Unagi

Chapter Four: Unagi

Colton kept on with his charade for the next two days after he'd enter the class ten minutes late.

Thankfully though, he calmed down after I stopped caring.

Or when I stopped acting like I did.

Which was actually hard to do, considering that Colton managed to throw pieces of paper in my direction every chance he got.

Although he didn't say anything, Mr. Ballard knew what was going on. But he was probably too distracted with Colton's rap sheet to care.

It was now Friday, getting closer to six in the evening when I finally finished my homework for advanced functions.

After I'd cleaned up my desk and put all my binders and loose paper back into my school bag, I quickly dropped it onto the floor next to my nightstand before stripping out of my clothes.

I quickly washed my body with my vanilla scent soap and dried off within ten minutes. Since it was humid outside—which was expected at this point seeing that we're only a week in September—I dressed myself into a white floral romper.

As I was clipping my light brown hair on the top of my head, I jogged down the stairs and entered the kitchen, ready to begin the next thing on my list: make dinner.

Deciding to make it simple today, I pulled out the things I needed to make pasta.

Once I placed the chicken breast, zucchini and broccoli on the table, I opened the cupboard that was over the counter next to the left side of the fridge.

My indecisiveness kicked in when I stared at the variety of pasta.

A few moments had passed until I reached for the canister that held penne pasta.

Just as I was beginning to chop the vegetables, the front door opened, and I dropped the knife on the grey cutting board before walking to the centre of the hall, spotting dad. "Hey," I said before walking back to the kitchen.

"How was school?" He asked as he walked toward the table, dropping his messenger bag on the kitchen chair.

Annika's rants. Serena, and her hatred on humanity. Riya, who tries to suck up to everyone. Colton.

"Same old," I shrugged before grabbing another cutting board.

Dad watched as I went to the knife block before pulling out another knife to cut the chicken with. "Let me help," dad said, rolling his sleeves up when I stood in front of the island.

I mumbled a thanks as I started to boil a large pot of water. As I was doing so, dad took quick glances to me, as if he was worried about me. "So I talked to your aunt..."

I didn't bother from holding back my groan. He knew how I felt about seeing them each week on Wednesday, and if he was starting his sentence like this, I knew where it was going.

"She and Flora are coming over for dinner," he confessed, smiling sympathetically.

Without saying anything, I sighed before spilling more water into the pot. "What about uncle Calvin?" I asked.

"He out of town for the weekend so it's just them," he said, and I resisted the urge to ask if Flora's fiancé was coming.

Ever since they got engaged, she invited him to every family function. Not that I had a problem with him, but come on.

After that, dad and I cooked in silence before I put on my 80's playlist. Thirty minutes passed until we both heard movement coming from around the house, and we both looked toward the stairs, watching as Yasmin jogged down.