King Dedede/Fighter! Reader .:Fluttered Anger:.

Art from: Nin-Mario64

"Are you sure? I honestly most say he's gotten much better."

The voice wasn't audible but certainly was visible as it was spoken by hand. Hands that lingered in front of you from a frantic little friend of yours.

your busy head screamed mercy from the mountain of objectives you have been ordered to do from Master Hand.

"Ness, ack-- really," you breathed, continuing to holding up two hefty boxes that poured a mass of nearly unbearable weight that degraded your spine and posture; you kept up, for you were a fighter.

More specifically the newer one introduced in what many individuals have said that were invited to the series.

"No, like, he's been improving a lot, ___! I'm telling you, some invisible force made him stronger, I swear-"

Although you were about 6 months a member, you mainly were only occupied with the more acute cast: Kirby, Lucas, Toon Link. Although many other members possessed adorable features similar but with different heights, you still found it arbitrary to befriend mainly the bigger characters for their "superior" façade.

"If you battle him, ___, you'll see what I mean. Recall those old fights you had when practicing with him? How the big guy, ah, Master Handset him up with you? Hahaha, you thought he was the cutest, didn't you?"

You balanced your emotions that attempted to impulsively leap from your system to shame the young boy for his cocky comments before refraining, troubled.

"No, well, coming back to it he was a cute penguin. After a while, dear Ness, that idea slowly went away. He's so, sarcastic."

Placing the boxes on a small table located in a patio, (only customary for events) you drifted your body to a white-painted chair that was attached to the stone ground, relaxed.

"Ness, I don't know about you but it feels like a sin even being around that jumbo shrimp of a blue upside-down sack of potato thick Kirby-beater. He's tasteless in away. It oddly changes my viewpoint on him. "

Ness had already taken a seat beside you, tilting his head slightly towards the horizon that spread forgiving hues of varying shades and lights of rosy pinks and gentle yellows.

With a split second of breath, the boy in yellow and red turned, a smile inhabiting not only his face but possibly a spark of realization, too.

"If we do fight him, do you think it is...ah, what's the word... Lustified?"

"Wha-what? You mean justified?"

"Yes," he chirped, springing up before holding your arm. That is before he held it did you exhale a "thank Sakurai" before standing.

"We'll go against him together and maybe it will justify how you consider him? Maybe a battle is all it takes to get an answer?"

You looked at the scene Ness first gazed at, before heaving your eyes mainly to his smaller person.

"What kind of answer?" You cooed, almost a whisper, attempting to think what the persistent youth might be saying in the multitude of ideas you thought of, trying to pick what was in his mind.

"I don't know, any answer! How you truly feel about him, and if he isn't that bad then maybe you can get used to battling less cute guys, like me!"

After staring at the view for a while longer, Ness doing the same, you simultaneously smiled and stated:

"Let's go"

Not too long later, during the duration of Ness practicing for battle did you notify a dear pal, Isabelle, to subscribe to the idea of notifying everyone in the Smash Mansion of an upcoming battle between two teams: you, Ness, Dedede and his partner anonymous. After Ness's practice, you switched places and prepared yourself, Ness asking some of the men in the field what they'd pay for the fight. More the challenge more the eyes!