Chapter 14

Chapter 14

It's been a couple of days since I was shot and they are letting me go home. Pulling up to the house, I see Creeper sitting on his bike in the driveway. "Bishop sent me to stay with you two." he says. We walk inside and I ask "Everything good?" Creeper nods and says "Redwood is handling it now." he tells us and I just nod. EZ helps me to the couch and I ask him "Can you order dinner? I'm a little hungry." I say. "I bet you are Mami." he says and I smile softly. "Something going on?" Creeper asks. "You can't tell anyone until we tell his dad." I tell him and he nods. I put my hand on my stomach and he catches on. "Hell yeah. Congrats you two." he says as he hugs us both. The food arrives and the three of us sit down to eat.

In a warehouse on the outskirts of Santo Padre, Emily is tied to a chair with a gag in her mouth and plastic under the chair. She wakes up and sees Happy and Quinn standing in front of her and starts to squirm, trying to get away. "Sleeping beauty's awake." Happy says. "Good. Now we get to have some fun." Quinn says. They remove her gag and she asks "I'll give you anything you want. Just don't hurt me. Do you have any clue who I am?" she asks and they both nod. "Then you know what my husband will do if you hurt me." she says. About that time, Miguel comes out of the shadows. "Hello Emily." he says. "Miguel please don't let them hurt me." she begs. "You mean like you hurt the Prospect's Old Lady? Yeah. You know, we've been married for a while. Have a beautiful son. But you couldn't handle the fact that he didn't want you. What did you think would happen when you had his wife shot? Did you think he would come running to you?" Miguel asks and she looks down. "That what you thought?" he asks laughing. "Well, looks like you learned the hard way it doesn't work that way. But I did speak to the Prospect and his lovely wife is going to be just fine and so is their little one." Miguel says and she looks at him shocked. He turns to Happy and says "Enjoy gentlemen." before walking away and letting them torture her before killing her.

Back at the house, Creeper's phone rings and when he gets off the phone he looks at EZ and nod, letting him know it's done. EZ gets up and without a word, heads to the kitchen. Creeper pats my knee and follows EZ. "You good brother?" he asks. "Yeah. Just...a lot to take in." EZ says. "You still have feelings for the ex?" Creeper asks. "Hell no. Just...she was a big part of my past. But she's not the same girl she was back then. The girl I knew would never have done this." EZ says. "Well, you need to get yourself straight and explain this to your wife because I can tell by looking at her that her mind is going a hundred miles a minute and it's ain't good. And her being pregnant? That stress? Ain't good for the kid." Creeper says. He walks back into the living room and kisses my cheek and says "Get some rest." before heading out. EZ walks in to the living room and sits next to me. "Are you okay?" I ask softly. "Yeah. Just processing." he says and I just nod. He takes my hand and says "You and our baby mean everything to me. I don't want you to think that I still have feelings for her because I don't." he says. "I know. But she's a big part of your past. Of who you are." I say. "Yeah but she's not the same girl I knew back then. But you are the one I am in love with. You are the one that I am starting a family with and you are the one that I will grow old, still loving you with everything in me." he tells me. I smile softly and say "I feel the same way baby." Kissing me softly, he deepens the kiss just a little and I can't help but smile into the kiss.