one;

The harsh pounding of a fist on her front door is what scares Wheein awake as she blearily opens her eyes and looks around in confusion. It's still dark outside so she can't really discern what time it is. She reaches over towards her nightstand to check her phone, the glaring artificial light of her home screen flashing in her face and making her flinch at the brightness. 4 AM.

Who the fuck is knocking at her door at four o'clock in the freaking morning?!

One thing's for sure. Whoever it is is about to get a piece of her mind. Thank god her other three housemates were all out who knows where and didn't return to the house last night.

The pounding at the door starts up again and Wheein mutters a string of curses under her breath as she reluctantly crawls out of bed, floundering around for a moment in the dark before finally making her way out of her room and to the front door, where she can hear muffled speaking on the other side.

"Your Highness!" a flustered sounding male says outside of the door as Wheein tries to peer through the peephole, which unfortunately is a bust as there seems to be something blocking the hole. "We need to leave! You- you can't just show up at a lady's house like this in the human world!"

Wheein furrows her brows, rubbing at her eyes in bewilderment. Human world? She must still be half awake.

"Nonsense, Sejin," another much deeper and huskier voice replies cheerfully, "I've missed her for so long, I'm sure she wouldn't want for me to delay our reunion any longer than it already has been!"

Wheein fumbles with the lock, struggling to blink the sleep out of her eyes. Upon hearing her unlocking the door, the two voices outside fall to a hush and she slowly cracks the door open, peeking out cautiously. "Umm, hello? Can I help you two?"

She almost chokes at the sight of the male in front of her. If perfection could take on a human form, it would most certainly be this man. His ethereal facial features are only coupled with a pair of possibly the most beautiful eyes she's ever seen, twinkling as though they were cut from the brightest stars of the galaxy themselves.

The man's face brightens at the sight of her, plush lips lifting up into a boxy smile that has Wheein's heart stuttering. "Wheeinie!"

Wait a second.

How does this stranger Adonis know her name? This must all just be a lucid dream, there's no other explanation.

Before she can ask, much less get any other word in, the handsome man surges forward, pushing her door further open so as to pull her into his arms. Their bodies slot together almost like two puzzle pieces, fitting perfectly into one another as he tucks his chin over her shoulder and holds her tight, his nose grazing the outer shell of her ear and making Wheein shiver. It's far too intimate of a position to be in with someone you've just met, yet something about hugging this man just... feels right, like everything has fallen in place and she's right where she needs to. Wheein finds herself closing her eyes and curling her fingers into the sides of the stranger's sweater, clinging to him like her life depends on it.

An awkward cough from the other stranger is quick to bring Wheein back to reality, her cheeks burning as she wriggles and struggles until the man hugging her releases her from his hold and steps back, albeit with a reluctant pout.

"Sejin, you ruined our moment," he whines, puppy eyes growing big and watery and Wheein suddenly has the strangest urge to risk it all just to see him smile again.

"Your Highness," the other man huffs. "You know we barely had enough time to make this visit as it is. If you are tardy to Her Majesty's family brunch again, I assure you she will not allow you to visit the human world for quite some time. Say what you came to say and we will return another day."

Your Highness? Her Majesty?

"Who-" Wheein splutters, completely baffled at the current situation. "What-"

"You're right, Eomma can be a real stickler for punctuality... Okay, Wheeinie!" the man turns back and takes both of Wheein's hands into his, grinning at her so cutely it renders her speechless once again as he squeezes her fingers in excitement. "Marry me!"

WHAT.

Wheein gapes for moment, before frantically ripping her hands from out of his grip and without thinking, slams the front door back into their faces.

Lucid dreaming indeed.

author's note;

hi friends! back with something a lot more lighthearted and fast paced than thick as thieves simply because as much as i like drawing out relationships to make them a bit more realistic i too deep down am still a classic hoe that just wants inexplicable sudden connections between characters so i can skip to cute and soft cuddly scenes, thus this was born lolol. also because this foxspirittae!au has been brewing in my mind for a while and also my wheetae heart got served THIS:

and i just needed an outlet for all the feelsssss

these chapters will definitely be shorter than thick as thieves and i'll maybe try alternating updating stories but we'll see what happens lol idk man i'm just here for a good time and to spread some btsmoo love

happy thursday!

Less than three,

PalmerPie