three;

"No."

Taehyung lets out a whine of loud displeasure, kicking at the air in a childlike manner from his spot sprawled out across the couch in Wheein's living room. "But why not?"

Wheein crosses her arms with a soft huff, rolling her eyes at what has recently become a very routine part of her life. It seems that in the fox spirit kingdom, what the prince whined for, he always got. In the human world on the other hand, it seems as though the one and only thing (or rather person) he could possibly whine for is just out of his reach. "Tae, you've proposed to me just about every day since you came pounding on my door that one night. What makes you think I'm going to change my answer anytime soon?"

"I thought you were just testing my dedication to our love according to human traditions to ensure I was a worthy spouse," Taehyung mutters with a pout, playing absentmindedly with his white fluffy fox tail that has made its untimely appearance. Fuck, Wheein still hasn't figured out how to resist either that pout or that tail of his. Something about the way he hugs his tail to himself and stares at her with those signature puppy eyes has her immediately giving in to just about any one of his demands, other than marrying him of course.

She groans openly at him, knowing he's doing all of it on purpose. "You're playing dirty, Tae."

"If you refuse to marry me, the least you can do is give me snuggles," Taehyung grumbles cutely, holding his arms open in anticipation. Wheein acquiesces without too much complaint, knowing that she'll be fighting a losing battle even if she decides to resist. Besides, it's been a long day and she could use the skinship. Hyejin has been busy with a project at her workplace and they haven't been able to cuddle and watch a movie together in ages.

She shuffles over shyly, still a bit put off by the fact that someone as handsome as Taehyung is simply lying on her living room couch, fox ears and fox tail all out as he patiently waits to snuggle with her. They've done it once or twice before in the past at Taehyung's insistence, but Wheein is still having trouble adjusting to what still at times feels like a crazy dream. "I- Are you sure you don't want to just like talk or somethi-euagh!"

In a bout of impatience, Taehyung reaches over and grabs hold of Wheein by her waist, tugging her harshly on top of him with a loud oomph. He nuzzles his face into the top of her head, tussling her hair around haphazardly. "Less second guessing, more snuggles."

"I-" Wheein can feel her face heat up in embarrassment simply at their proximity. As much skinship as Taehyung gives her half the time he's around, she's basically laying on top of him in their current position, much more intimate than most of their other interactions. What's probably the most puzzling about the whole situation is just how much Taehyung simply feels like home. Once the embarrassment has subsided, Wheein can't help but find herself getting a bit more comfortable, turning her head to the side so as to rest her cheek against Taehyung's firm chest and letting out a content little sigh.

Taehyung's chest rumbles with laughter at the sound she makes, one arm wrapping loosely around her and resting on top of her lower back, as though to prevent her from leaving. "Cute."

"Shut up, I'm not cute," Wheein's brow furrows when she feels the vibrations of Taehyung chuckling. "I'm not!"

"You're the absolute cutest," Taehyung all but coos, his other arm reaching up to stroke softly at Wheein's hair. Wheein subconsciously leans into his touch, like a kitten asking for more pets. "My cute little queen."

"Not cute and not your queen." Wheein grumbles halfheartedly in protest, eyelids struggling to stay open as she slowly but surely finds herself being lulled to sleep by the sound of Taehyung's heartbeat, a slow but steady rhythm that beats only for her.

" Wheein grumbles halfheartedly in protest, eyelids struggling to stay open as she slowly but surely finds herself being lulled to sleep by the sound of Taehyung's heartbeat, a slow but steady rhythm that beats only for her

Click!

"Ah- fuck! Namjoon, I told you to put your goddamn phone on vibrate before you took the picture!"

"Sorry babe."

Click!

"How the hell did you manage to turn flash on instead of putting the phone on vibrate?! Here- give me that-"

Wheein finds herself waking up to the sounds of unfamiliar voices around her, which is strange because she was in... her house... Oh god.

Her eyes fly open in panic as she shoots straight up, looking around frantically for the intruders that have broken their way into her home. At the sound of a low wheeze from beneath her at her sudden movement, the memories from earlier that day all come crashing down on her. She looks down wide-eyed at a sleepy-looking Taehyung, who seems to show absolutely no concern at the sudden presence of two strangers wrestling on the ground near them for what appears to be a smartphone. Which can only mean one thing...

"You-" Wheein sputters, pointing at the men indignantly. "Do none of you fox spirits understand the meaning of privacy?!"

The two men on the floor pause in their struggle turning to look at her.

"Hello sister-in-law!" The male all but sitting atop the other waves happily at her, dressed in an oversized pink sweatshirt and the apparent winner of the struggle. "I noticed that you have hidden all of my gifts in the far back of your closet. Were they not to Taehyung's liking?"

Wheein feels all of the blood drain from her face in horror. Taehyung who is still laying on the couch underneath her turns to look over at who is most certainly Kim Seokjin sitting comfortably on top of Kim Namjoon on Wheein's living room floor in confusion. "To my liking? What gifts?"

"Out!" Wheein screeches before anyone has the chance to say anything else, scrambling out of Taehyung's lap. "All of you, out!"

"Wheeinie-"

"Sister-in-law-"

"Out!" In a surge of adrenaline, Wheein somehow finds herself manhandling and forcing all three fox spirit men out of her door, swiftly closing the door in their faces in an all too familiar manner. She lets out a deep sigh in relief, turning around to lean against the door and catch her breath.

Just what exactly has she really gotten herself into?

author's note;

had to drop some fat uwu moments cuz it's been like forever since i've been on hereeeeeee

still a bit busy so thick as thieves update may not come as soon as you all would like but i'm working on it i swear!!! thank you all for being so supportive and patient!

happy saturday!

Less than three,

PalmerPie