five;

"What's going on? Why is there so much ruckus outside of Prince Taehyung's quarters?"

The gaggle of restless servants standing in the hallway all turn to look in the direction of the newcomer's voice, most of their previously panicked expressions relaxing upon seeing who has arrived.

"Oh thank goodness, Marquess Jimin!" The head maid immediately bows in the noble's presence, the rest of the servants quickly following suit. "Forgive us for the disturbance-"

"It's no problem," Jimin smiles gently, more interested in exactly what nearly half the palace's east wing staff is doing crowded in front of his friend's bedroom. "I'm just curious as to what you all are doing out here."

The head maid looks rather embarrassed, but explains the situation nonetheless. "Ah, well you see, his Majesty assigned some paperwork to Prince Taehyung to complete a while back, but because his Highness has been so busy traveling back and forth between here and the human world, he failed to complete the paperwork and as punishment, his Majesty forbade his Highness from returning to the human world until the paperwork is completed."

Jimin rolls his eyes at the ridiculousness of his friend's actions. As much as he loves Taehyung to death after all but growing up alongside the prince, his friend has always been terrible at time management and prioritization. It's a good thing his brother and crown prince Namjoon is pretty much the exact opposite. "And? Why are all of you standing out here like a herd of cattle?"

The head maid sighs, knowing that what she is about to say is going to sound absolutely absurd yet one hundred percent expected. "His Highness... didn't exactly take too well to his Majesty's punishment. He's locked himself in his quarters since yesterday and has refused any service of the kind. He hasn't left his room and has not eaten since. We were hoping that if more of us were here to plead him he may reconsider endangering his health in such a way, but all he says is that he wants to be with a 'Wheeinie'."

Jimin can't help but shake his head. That fucking idiot. "Thank you, you are all too kind. I will do my best to coerce him, so please, return to your stations and conduct your duties as per usual. Those that normally attend to his Highness regularly, feel free to take a break for now."

The servants all bow once more before taking their leave, and Jimin makes sure to wait a couple of minutes until he's sure all of them are out of earshot before stomping up to the door and pounding on it loudly with his fist. "Yah, Kim Taehyung! Don't you think you're too old for this kind of childish behavior?! How fucking old are you?! Is this the kind of example you want to set for future royalty?!"

There's a brief pause, before a muffled whine sounds from behind the massive decorated oak doors. "Go away, Jiminnie, I'm not in the mood to play."

"I'm not here to play with you!" Jimin pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration. "I thought I'd stop by to say hi since I had some business here earlier but I show up and here you are acting like a child when you were the one that didn't finish your work!"

"I want Wheeinie," Taehyung all but whimpers.

"You can see her once you finish your goddamn paperwork!" Jimin seethes. "Didn't you see her just the other day?"

"That was too long ago!" Taehyung moans. "I want to see her now and hug her and hold her hand and snuggle with her and-"

"Okay, ew, spare me the details of your all's physical intimacy," Jimin wrinkles his nose. "Your father's not going to let you leave until you finish your work. The longer you complain like this the longer it will take before you can see her again, you know that."

"I'm not going to do my work until I can see Wheein again!" Taehyung cries out loudly in rebellion, making Jimin roll his eyes. If there's one thing Taehyung inherited from his father and the current fox spirit king, it's his stubborn streak. "Give me Wheein or give me death!"