four;

After taking a moment to take a breath to calm down and process the most recent events, Wheein decides that kicking the crown prince of the fox spirit kingdom out of her home may not have been her best idea and eventually invites them back inside for some complimentary tea.

"I apologize for frightening you earlier with our sudden appearance," Namjoon lowers his head in apology as Wheein pours the freshly brewed tea into their teacups. It's absolutely insane to think that the man in front of her who's this calm, this sophisticated and well-spoken is even remotely related to the one clinging tightly behind her, Taehyung's chest fully pressed against her back as though they were stuck together with super glue, "I looked away for just a second to confirm we had gotten the right address and by the time I turned around, Seokjin had already picked the lock and made his way into the house."

Wheein makes a note to discuss investing in a better home security system with her housemates in the near future before glaring at said offender who is happily sipping away at his tea, completely unaware of his very invasive and very illegal actions. "You didn't even think to maybe knock before breaking and entering into my house? I'm not the only one who lives here, what if one of my housemates called the police on you?!"

Seokjin sniffs haughtily. "We're family, I didn't see the need to knock. If you broke into my home, not only would I welcome you with open arms, but I would also congratulate you for such a feat."

"You live in a gated palace with guards at every post!" Wheein sputters indignantly. "If I made it past the first line of security without being shot down, I'd be considered lucky! And- And we're not family!"

"Yet," Taehyung helpfully supplies, his chin resting comfortably atop of Wheein's head and his arms still wrapped tightly around her midsection.

"Yea- wait, no!" Wheein swings her arm back, elbow digging sharply into Taehyung's ribcage, the fox spirit prince letting out a low wheeze upon contact. "Stop putting words in my mouth, Tae!"

Namjoon can't help but laugh at the kicked puppy look on Taehyung's face. Never has he seen his spoiled baby brother work this hard for something (or rather, someone). He stands up from his spot on the couch and bows quickly. "I just realized that I never got the chance to formally introduce myself. My name is Kim Namjoon, Taehyung's older brother."

He reaches over to gently grasp Wheein's dominant hand in his own, leaning down to press a chaste kiss against the back of her hand in a polite and gentlemanly greeting. However, before Wheein gets the chance to properly respond, Taehyung is already smacking his brother's hand away, his expression rather stormy as he stares hard into Namjoon's eyes. "Hyung, don't you have your own partner to tend to?"

Wheein looks over to where Seokjin is in his own world, carefully blowing on his cup of tea, his lips most certainly more red than they should be. He most likely tried to drink the tea while it was too hot when no one was looking. Just... Just how exactly did this man manage to capture the crown prince's heart?!

Namjoon can't help but chuckle at how Taehyung takes Wheein's hand, the one he kissed earlier, and wipes at it with a childish pout as though to wipe away any sort of physical contact that isn't his. "It seems you've finally found someone you wish to protect with your entire life, Tae Tae. I'm proud of you."

"Don't be ridiculous," Taehyung huffs, refusing to loosen his hug on Wheein despite her quiet protests of it being too hot after tolerating his embrace for this long. He struggles for a second to keep her in his hold, spinning her around so that he can look down into her wide and doe-like eyes. A pretty dusting of pink has settled across the bridge of her nose and she quickly averts his gaze shyly after a few seconds. So cute, fuck. "I've wanted to be by her side for years."