seven;

Almost immediately, Wheein finds herself being tossed out of Jungkook's arms by the younger like a hot potato and chucked into an unsuspecting Jimin's hold, the other instinctually catching the girl so as to prevent her from knocking him over. "What the- yah, Jeon Jungkook! You're playing dirty!"

"I'm too cute to die young!" Jungkook cries, anxious eyes trained on the figure before them that is currently scaling the golden gates in front of them despite the guards' warnings like a scene out of some horror movie. "If I go down, I'm taking you with me!"

"You traitor!" Jimin glares at the maknae of their childhood friend group. "Where the hell is your loyalty?!"

"Me?! You were just about ready to throw me under the bus just to see what Taehyung is like when he's jealous!"

"Yeah, and now no one is going to know what he's like when he's jealous because we're both about to get the daylights beaten out of us! I could have at least filmed it for you to watch later if you hadn't gone and chucked Taehyung's fiancé at me!"

"I'm not his fiancé!" Wheein objects loudly, growing peeved at how she's being tossed around like a rag doll between two utter idiots. Her voice carries across the open space and her words only seems to fuel Taehyung in his current state and make him climb even faster to the top of the gates, jumping down and landing from an incredible height completely unharmed. "Holy shit, how is he not hurt?"

Jungkook panics and latches himself to Jimin's back, clinging to the shorter man for dear life. "Hyung, do something!"

"What? Are you kidding me?! You're the knight! Get in front of me and protect me like a man!"

"I'm not about to be your human shield! Besides, it's not like I can exactly raise my sword at the very person I'm supposed to be protecting!"

"Oh for fuck's sakes," Wheein rolls her eyes, having had enough of their ridiculous bickering. "Jimin, put me down. I'll handle this."

Surprisingly enough, the marquess complies and gently sets her down onto the ground. Her legs wobble for a second after being carried around for so long, but Wheein soon regains her balance once more and steadies herself before putting her hands on her hips, narrowing her eyes at the irritated fox spirit prince storming up to them. Behind her, Jungkook and Jimin are clutching onto one another, eyes wide in anticipation as their only hope for survival stands her ground against Taehyung.

The expression on Taehyung's face is something that Wheein has never seen before. His brows are drawn together, mouth twisted unhappily and he looks absolutely nothing like himself, like the carefree and easygoing Taehyung she knows. The prince is closing in on them, just meters away when Wheein holds her hand out and shouts, "Stop right there!"

To Jungkook, Jimin, and even Wheein's surprise, Taehyung halts almost immediately in his tracks, the edges of his royal robes fluttering gently back down to his side at the sudden lack of movement. Taehyung's sharp gaze is suddenly zeroed in on her, and Wheein blanks, saying the first thing that comes to her mind. She points at him. "Bad boy!"

Oh my fucking god.

That was something she used to say to Taehyung back when she thought she was just taking care of a puppy. Taehyung, or V as she had fondly nicknamed him back then, was quite energetic and mischievous, sometimes a little too energetic and mischievous. Now that she thinks back, any time she scolded him, he would almost immediately whine and tuck his tail between his legs, as though he knew exactly what was going on and what he had done.

Someone behind her chokes on their spit at her words, but it's too late to go back now. Wheein purses her lips and crosses her arms. "Bad Taehyung! How dare you send out your henchmen to kidnap me from my house in the middle of the night! And all because you got punished for not finishing your work!"