If dreams can't come true than why not pretend?

Name reached her finger for the wall as a little of her power flowed into it, towards the ceiling. Everything above them suddenly became so clear and Name saw stars and the moon, shining softly on them. It pained her, it pained her that she hadn't come to get Varian sooner... she had to wait at least a month, so it wouldn't be suspicious... he must've felt so left and alone... again... again because because of her doing...

Name sighed. She was on the terrace of her old home, back in Old Corona. Her arms laid folded on the balcony fence as she looked ahead, at the evergreen forest. She gently looked up at the sky before letting her gaze fall with melancholy, before she parted her lips.

"Led through the mist," she sang as ground covered in mist. "By the milk-light of moon," the moon shone  a little brighter. "All that was lost is revealed..." she leaned over more. "Our long bygone burdens... Mere echoes of the spring.." she smiled as the forest was young and green, jumping from her balcony to find herself on the grounds of Castle in new Corona.
"But where have we come?" She asked looking around. "And where shall we end?" She twirled on her tiptoes as her short dress swirled around her. "If dreams can't come true.. Then why not pretend?" She smiled at sky as wind blew her hair back, she hugged herself, closing her eyes. "How the gentle wind, Beckons through the leaves... As Autumn colors fall..." she was again in the forest as wind picked up and swirled golden autumn leaves around her to the rhythm of her dance. "Dancing in a swirl
Of golden memories..." she watched them as they went over and under her hands. "The loveliest lies of all..." she smiled bowing in a ballerina manner. "The loveliest lies of all.."

***
(It would be good to put the moon rises in the background for next part)

Varian found himself in his old home, but it wasn't destroyed. He glanced around the halls and then he walked through the halls of castle of Corona.. By setting, sun splashed its last warm colors through the windows as Varian gazed through them.

"Now the hour has come at last, the soft and fading light... has crossed the west horizon," he followed the light fade as it all slowly turned a deep purple.
"And has bidden us goodnight," he turned his head to look around, leaning on the balcony. "And what a lovely night it is to walk a moonlit field," he smiled feeling the soft grass under him as he walked on the valleys between two towns. "To see the softer shades
That are by starlight now revealed..." he looked at the stars and cool color scheme that danced in front of his eyes. "So why is it that now, when all is quiet and at rest.. when candles glow and all the world is at its very best.. the people of Corona should lock themselves away .. " he glared at the people in the town slamming their blinds shut. "To shun the moon and wait instead for Rapunzel's sunny day?"He gritted his teeth.

"In umbra Luna est," a chorus sung from the shadows.

"Am I so wrong to wish that they would see things like I do?" He glossed his fingers over the black spikes. "And am I so wrong to think that they might love me too?" He looked down. "Why shouldn't they adore me? Is it not within my right? I'll not be overshadowed! Mine is not the lesser light!" He gritted his teeth and curled his hands in fists shouting at the sky. "I've waited long enough now for them all to come around... And though the Sun may plead and threaten," he glared at the castle from the streets. "The Moon will stand her ground!" He sang appearing in his lab again mixing chemicals together as sky went red along with the liquid in his beaker.

He came to his father's crystallized formed and put a hand to it, looking down. "It comes to this at last: I will no longer yield the sky if they cannot love But one person alone..." Varian separated his hand from the crystal. "See, the Moon is rising," he grinned as he removed his mask, full moon on the top of the sky. "He has come to claim the heavens as his own.." he grinned at it.