A lulluby for the prince

Rapunzel creaked open the door to her balcony slowly walking outside. The coldness of the tiles under her feet grounded her and calmed her down as she leaned on the fence, her hands crossed in front of her.

"Fate has been cruel and order unkind... How can I have sent you away?" She looked towards Varian's cell.  "The blame was my own; the punishment, yours... The harmony's silent today.." she put her head down, closing her eyes.

"But into the stillness I'll bring you a song and I will your company keep," she sat on the fence of her balcony looking at the moon. "Till your tired eyes and my lullabies have carried you softly to sleep..." she closed her eyes slowly as her hair started glowing softly.

"Once did a girl who shone like the sun look out on her kingdom and sigh.." she raised her head as she sang, closing her eyes. "She smiled and said, "Surely, there is no one else so lovely and so well beloved as I"..." she looked down, at the ground tear falling from her eye.

"So great was her reign and so brilliant her glory that long was the shadow she cast..." she sang standing on the balcony's fence and her shadow fell upon a projection of Varian. "Which fell dark upon the young boy she loved... and grew only darker as days and nights passed..." she looked down again and sat back down.

"Soon did that girl take notice that others did not give the boy a dew.. and neither has she loved him as he deserved.. she watched as the boys unhappiness grew.." in front of her eyes changed Varian, from the kind boy she first met to the evil mastermind he now was...

"But such is the way of the limelight, it sweetly
Takes hold of the mind of its host..." she remember Varian's look of pure hatred as he looked at her. "And that foolish boy did nothing to stop the destruction of one who had needed him most..." she saw the fight as clearly as day, even after a month had passed.

"Lullay moon prince, goodnight friend mine and rest now in moonlight's embrace..." she smiled as she saw Name hugging Varian as they slept. "Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth.. Through cloud, and through sky, and through space..." she danced across the rooftop.

"Carry the peace and the coolness of night and carry my sorrow in kind..." Rapunzel wiped her tears that kept coming. "Varian, you're loved so much more than you know... Forgive me for being so blind," a sob escaped Rapunzel's lips as she covered her mouth.

"The years now before us... Fearful and unknown, I never imagined I'd face them with your glare on me..." her mind played scenarios where Varian was a royal alchemist and Name was a guard who would make sure he eats and sleeps properly, the thought made her smile.

"May your lifetime swiftly pass, I pray... I love you; I miss you, all of these walls away..." she hugged her knees even closer.

"May all your dreams be sweet tonight, safe upon your bed of moonlight... And know not of sadness, pain, or care and when I dream, I'll fly away and meet you there! Sleep.." she whispered going back to her balcony and into her room, shutting the door behind her.