Ch 3: Yes or Yes?

"S'cuse me?"

Did I hear her right? Did Jennie Kim really say that we should...

"We, you and I," she says pointing at herself and then me, "should date."

"Wait, you wanna date me?" I have to make sure. This is no joking matter.

"Pfft, as if." She rolls her beautiful beautiful brown eyes at the ridiculousness of my question.

Wait, what? Didn't she just say—

"I'm merely saying that if you were to ask me out, I'd probably say yes."

So she's telling me to ask her out because she might say yes? But... that doesn't even make any sense. She totally said she wants to date me. And already asked me out. I mean, we're sitting here, aren't we?

You know what? Whatever. If that's how she wants to roll, fine.

But, "Why?"

I really want to know. This is all so out of the blue. I didn't even think she knew my name till now.

"Jennie, are you even gay?"

Does this mean all this time I had a chance and I didn't know?

"We're not playing twenty questions here, Chickenlover!" She snaps at me, obviously growing irritated.

Well that was mean. I'm pretty sure I'm pouting now.

"You mean you haven't seen the tweet?" She asks then, looking surprised.

"Whats a tweet?"

TV is not that popular at my house. Actually, my parents had strict control over everything I watched, listened to or read till I was fifteen. It's not like I couldn't watch or read anything. Just the stuff my parents approved of. Back then it used to upset me, because every time I hung out with my friends they talked about all sorts of tv-shows and stuff and I always seemed like alien or something, never knowing what they were going on about.

However, now the older I get and see how much garbage they saved me from, I'm really grateful.

But now I really want to know what tweet thing she is talking about.

"Nevermind, but yes, we're playing for the same Sapphic team."

"Well, that's cool," Understatement of the century! Words doesn't even begin to describe just how awesome that is! But I don't want to seem overeager, do I? Try to keep your cool, Kim. "You still didn't say why you want to date me, though."

"Okay, look," She places her hands on the table and leans forward.

I try to will my eyes to not drift down to her chest area, but I think I'm failing miserably (and with that black corset she's wearing? I don't even care that much).

"You know I am the hottest piece of action at our school."

I can't help but nod. She's the hottest piece of action anywhere. Everyone and their mothers know this.

"I am also the co-captain of the cheerleading squad and almost at the top of the Busan high food chain."

Those are also true, so I keep nodding. Wonder if it makes me look stupid. Yeah I probably should stop.

"But, do you know what would get me higher?"

I can't think of an answer, partly because I've never thought about it and partly because for some reason I can't get my mind to think anything other than Jennie, Jennie, and Jennie.

However, what I know is that I'm totally willing to do whatever it is as long as she keeps looking at me like that. All dark eyes and half-smirk.

She leans back against her seat and says, "Being in a relationship with someone as awesome as me. But since there's no one as awesome as me, I have to settle for the next best thing."

Oh, guess that does make sense. Wonder who that lucky person is.

Wait a fucking minute! Oh my freaking god, she's talking about me isn't she? Oh my god! I need to calm down, I can't take a freaking breath!

I think my internal struggle is showing on my face, because she's rolling her eyes at me.

"Close your mouth, it's not attractive."

That makes me snap my lips in a thin line instantly. I don't need her changing her mind now.

"So, um, why me?" I ask once I'm calm enough to speak. Or almost calm enough.

"It's not like I had a that many options."

Ouch, mean again.

"It was either you or that trollish soccer team captain. But since out of the two of you you're the one winning trophies... Besides, you're not half bad to look at. We'd look hot together. With your light skin and innocent eyes and my dark features. It's a nice contrast." She shrugs casually. "Only competition we'll have is Krystal and her Frankenteen of a boyfriend."

I'm ashamed to admit that can barely keep my mouth from hanging open again. I'm trying to get myself to say something, anything, and the only words that come out are, "What did you need my grades for?"

"I'm a woman. I need security." She's looking down at them again, "You know, you seem pretty good at maths and physics."

I totally blush at that and I don't even know why, because it's not really a compliment, she's just stating facts. But try telling that to my swooning self.

So, that's why she's been waving some papers at Yoongi in the middle of the hall when they broke up. And why is everyone talking about security? It's not like we're getting married or have a baby on the way. Never mind the fact that I'd really like that. The marriage part, not the baby. Yet anyway.

But, seriously, has she been speaking with my dad? That thought instinctively makes me say, "But I'm a girl too." Which I instantly regret, because it sounds like I'm whining.

"Do you need to see my grades?" She asks rising her eyebrow.

"No, it's fine." I mentally roll my eyes at myself and for some reason go to take the sheet from her. And boy that's a wrong move, because the freaking paper is still warm and now I can't help thinking that something of mine has been touching her boob and is still warm. I kid you not, it's still so warm!

Do you have any idea what's happening in my pants right now? Good thing I decided to wear jeans. They're not doing such a great job in wiping my clammy hands though.

"Anyway," she continues, completely oblivious to my struggle, "This is our final year of high school and I kind of want to try this whole having a girlfriend thing. So, you up for it?"

If you only knew, Jennie. If you only knew. But instead I ask, "So you're offering to date me to boost your popularity?"

"That's right." She says, observing her nails absentmindedly. Then looks up at me with that devious smirk of hers, "You want all up on this, Jisoo. Admit it."

I feel my cheeks heating up, which is somewhat surprising, since I didn't think I had enough blood left to blush.

As for her offer, I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I didn't expect any of this when she said she needed to talk.

I don't feel sad or disappointed because apparently all she needs me for is to crawl higher. But I think this is mainly because I haven't processed any of it yet. My emotions are kind of confused right now. Maybe I should take my time to think about it. I mean I'm not that careless, I know I can end up really hurt in the end. With my feelings involved there's a pretty big chance things will get complicated.

But, on the other hand, when am I going to get opportunity like this again. It's basically being thrown in my face right now and it'll be really stupid if I turn it down.

With these thoughts I look up at my companion and it's the look in her eyes that make me finally decide.

"Yeah, okay. We could try."

The love of my life was looking at me with hope! What was I supposed to do?

Well, either I just made a huge mistake or the best decision of my life.

I guess I'm bound to find out soon enough.

•••
A/N: I need to finish this quickly. For washu_potato s sake.