Ch 12: The Truth.

Ever since I left the bathroom this morning, I've had a strange feeling that Jennie's avoiding me. I mean, I could be wrong I guess, because she's not really obvious about it, but I don't think I am.

First she didn't meet my eyes when came out of the bathroom. She slipped past me mumbling a quick hello; and I also think she was blushing.

Okay, maybe it is pretty obvious. Hmm... I wonder what I did this time... Not that I had time to do anything. If you don't count the ah...my little problem this morning. But she had been sleeping earlier, when that said incident occurred and well I kept quiet in the bathroom. Mostly. At least, that's what I hope.

But god, what if she had been awake the whole time? Jeez, what if she's creeped out by Jisoo Jr.? I swear it's not even that scary! Dang it, what if she's disgusted? Just the thought makes me want to run away and hide, preferably in a hole or under a rock. Either option would do.

My knees start to feel a little weak at the possibility, so I sink down on the corner of her bed with a heavy heart and uneasy mind.

Then with a sigh I fall back on the unmade sheets, only to jump up again when I hear an unexpected knock on the door, accompanied by Chaerins voice.

"Girls, are you up?"

"Yeah." My voice sounds a little weak and I doubt she heard me. I cough as I walk to the door to make it sound more normal. "Good morning Mrs. Kim."

"Morning, Jisoo." Chaerin smiles,
"Where's Jennie?"

"She's in the bathroom." I point back with my thumb.

"Oh, okay well, breakfast's ready if you two are hungry."

"Thanks, well be right down." I give my most polite smile. Even though I've spent a lot of time at Jennie's house and have talked to her mom about dozen times I still get the weird urge to stand straight and act like I'm meeting the president, or Beyonce.

I really want her to like me so when I come asking for her daughter's hand she won't say no.

She leaves after that, giving me a warm smile. I sigh again and return to the bed, willing my mind to stay away from the troubling thoughts.

Jennie returns a minute later, plopping face down next to me.

Nah, I'm probably being ridiculous, I shake my head to get rid of the disturbing thoughts before I manage to freak myself out and turn to face her.

"Was that my mom?" Her voice is muffled by the pillow.

"Yeah. She said the breakfast's done."

"Ugh thank god. I'm starving." She groans to show just how hungry she is and then glances over at me. "How are you feeling?"

My brows furrow. Does she know I was freaking out earlier? Then I remember we've been drinking last night and get even more confused.

"Well, considering that I thought I'd wake up dead, surprisingly fine. I don't think I'm even hangover."

"Yeah, me too. My dad knows his whiskey." She says, pushing herself up. "Let's go downstairs."

I'm still barefoot, so I dig out the yellow all stars from my overnight bag and pull them on. "Okay, I'm ready."

"You're gonna trip." Jennie warns me, eyeing the untied laces.

I huff, making my way to the door. I'm not gonna trip. "I'm not gonna tri-"

Oh my god I totally tripped! I brace myself for the fall, screwing my eyes tightly shut, but it never comes as surprisingly strong hands wrap around my waist. Well, she is a cheerleader after all.