Chapter 1: She didn't want it.

She clutched her chest as she desperately gasped for air. She felt so lost, even though she knew where she was. She felt in pain, even though she wasn't injured—physically at least.

"I can't do it anymore.." she whispered as she sobbed into her hands, not wanting to wake her parents.

Ah, her parents. How disappointed they must be for having a daughter like her.

How ashamed they must feel when they introduce her to their friends.

She shook her head trying to make those thoughts go away.

"It's all in your head, Y/N..." she whispered to herself, her eyes closed as she rocked her body slowly yet full of desperation.

She didn't know how much more she could take. She was tired—both mentally and physically.

She didn't want more of this world, not a single day more. She didn't want it. She didn't want it.

"I don't want it.." she whispered to herself all over again. Whispers turned to screams and shouts, awakening her family.

Her mother slammed the door open and turned on the lights looking around the room for her daughter.

She spotted her in the corner with tear stained cheeks and scarlet red eyes, there were slits on her wrists and a pool of blood surrounding her. The poor girl herself wasn't even aware of what she was doing to herself, she didn't feel a thing—she became numb.

"Oh, my poor baby," her mother sobbed into her hand, running to her daughter and kneeling next to her now unconscious body. "Jaehyun!" She shouted. "Call an ambulance! Do something! Don't let Jihoon in here!"

She shook her daughter as her vision blurred with unshed tears. "No, no. Wake up baby. Mommy is going to take care of you better now. She will shower you with love and all the care you need. I can't believe I let this happen to you." She sobbed. "I'm a horrible mother.." she whispered.

Truth was, she wasn't. In the contrary, she was a wonderful loving mother. But she would always blame herself for this. She would always blame herself for not protecting her daughter that night. She promised herself she would take care of her with her life when her daughter was born.

She couldn't help but feel as if she failed.

"God, you can't do this to me, not now. Please don't take her. Let her stay, let her stay." She cried as she hugged her daughter's body.

The ambulance arrived and soon paramedics flooded her daughter's room. She was in critical condition and she had to be taken to the hospital immediately.

Her husband let her wife go in the ambulance knowing she would be too shaken up to drive herself and their son there.

Their poor innocent son watched the scene from the doorway of his room where his father told him to stay. His doe eyes teared up, not understanding what was happening around him. All he knew was that his family was in pain.