Chapter 12: He can't die

"Mom, what are you doing here? Where's dad? And Jihoon?" You had entered your room only to see your mother staring blankly at your bed.

She turned to you and you were able to see tear stains on her cheeks.

"Mom, what's wrong?" You ran to her side shaking her. She remained unresponsive. "Mom?"

"Jihoon..." she whispered. "He was diagnosed with... stage four of lung cancer." She sobbed.

You stood there in shock. It couldn't be. Your little brother couldn't be dying. He can't die. He can't die.

"No, Mom, you're joking!" You shouted.

"You have to be joking!" You shook her shoulders maybe too aggressively. "This can't be happening!" You shouted.

"Not to Jihoon," You whispered, slowly losing your sanity.

"No, not him." You whispered. "He's fine. It's a joke, Y/N."

"Y/N, it's real." Your mother tried to approach you.

"Stay away from me!" You shouted. "Why would you joke about that!"

You kicked the dresser and threw everything off of it.

Suddenly, staff members barged into the room, grabbing you.

"No! Let me go! I need to see Jihoon!" You shouted. You felt a sudden small pain on your left shoulder, you looked down at it and saw a needle being pressed at you.

You lost consciousness slowly. The crying image of your mother was the last thing you saw.