Chapter 18: A Letter

"Your dad... he left this behind before he.. died."

The staff member handed the envelope to the crying boy.

The boy shakily took the envelope, thanking the man.

He sobbed and kicked, wondering why life was so unfair to him. They're all dead. They're never coming back.

He opened the envelope to find some money and a letter written by him.

Looking at his handwriting made the boy's heart feel heavier. His dad, his loving dad, was now dead. Leaving him behind, alone.

Dear son,

I'm sorry. If you're reading this, it probably means I'm dead now. I'm so sorry to put you through this. I just recently found out about my disease and I did not have the heart to tell you that'd I too, would leave. I hope this doesn't affect you much, I hope you live your life to the fullest. Maybe not now, or tomorrow even, it'll take time but I just want you to be happy. No matter what you decided to be or do, I'll always support you and I'll be watching over you. My sweet boy, we'll meet again someday, and we'll all be reunited as a family. We'll be waiting for you with open arms, but please: take your time to live your life. I've heard of that girl, Y/N, the staff have mentioned she makes you smile. Do me a favor son: thank her on my behalf for giving happiness to my son. A happiness your own family failed to give you. I'm so sorry, we'll meet again. I love you.

With love,
Your father.

The boy sobbed and held the letter to his chest, hugging it tight as if it were to disappear any moment now.

He knew it was finally time. He knew what to do.