Chapter 16: Memories

This is were it all came crumbling down.

Days later, Y/N had received terrible news: Jihoon had only a few days left. Her parents decided to put him down, as seeing him suffer was too much for both them and Jihoon.

Y/N cried in her room, alone, with the lights off. She was scared of the darkness but the fear of losing her brother was bigger.

How could such small kid be host to such killing disease? How could such small kid suffer so much in his short life?

Is this how he would picture life? Terrible and painful?

She begged to see him. At least once.

The staff had been nice and allowed her to go tonight, but she couldn't stop crying.

Was this the last time she'd see him?

-

"Noona.." Jihoon weakly called. "I missed you so much.."

He weakly smiled at the crying girl, who then ran to his side and held his small pale hand.

"I m-missed you t-too, Hoonie." She sobbed, looking at her weak brother.

Sick and all, he displayed a smile on his face.

"I know I'm dying, noona.." he stated looking at her sadly. "It's okay."

The girl shook her head. "It's not okay, it's not. It's really not!"

"I'll be better if I let go, noona.."

How was a young boy like him being able to talk like this?

"No, you need to stay! You can't go! You have a long life to live! You have many birthdays to celebrate! You'll make the world better and you'll become someone important in this cruel world. Someone who will do good, someone who'll be loved..you can't just go.. you can't just leave me.."

"Noona... I'm sorry." He sobbed.

The girl's eyes softened.

"You're really in pain, Hoonie. I'm so sorry I can't kiss it better this time.." she cried.

"Noona, I love you.." he suddenly said. "I love mommy and daddy too. I love you all lots and lots!"

"We love you too, Hoonie. Noona loves you so very much and she'll always love you."

"I'll miss you.." he said and closed his eyes.

The monitor slowed down and she panicked.

"Hoonie! No!" She sobbed shaking him. "You can't! You can't! This isn't supposed to happen.." she sobbed. "Not you. Not now, not ever.."

She hugged his lifeless body. "Come back, please!" She shouted.

"I have to let go," she suddenly heard his voice.

She looked up to him, only to find him staring down at her, with glassy tired eyes.

"Please, noona, it hurts," he pleaded and her heart broke into a million pieces.

She knew if he would stay alive any longer, he wouldn't be the same smiling boy. He would live with pain, a painful live without space for happiness and serenity.

"You can let go, Hoonie.. Noona loves you." She whispered before kissing his cold forehead and crying softly once again.

He smiled weakly. "Hoonie loves you lots too.."

He closed his eyes, his hand in his precious noona's as he finally let go.

Everything went silent.

He closed his eyes only to never open them again.

The boy who was once the happiest was now dead. The only thing left was to cherish the memories that were made, the laughs that were shared and the smiles that were displayed.

They were all memories now.

Beautifully painful memories.