Chapter 10: I won't leave

"Are you okay? What happened?" You asked trying to console the sobbing boy. You rubbed circles on his back and wiped his tears.

"You know," he started, sitting up, a dark look on his eyes. "She wasn't the best mother out there. I still loved her despite her abandonment."

You furrowed your brows confused, though you kind of knew where this was going.

"She left me—us, after my sister committed suicide. She said she couldn't bare to look at us, knowing one of us was missing." He sobbed. "But did she ever think about dad and I?" He turned to me with a dark gaze. "Did she ever consider our feelings? When she left, she left us behind as well. Just like Jihee Noona did."

He started crying uncontrollably, sobs causing him to shake. Tears on his neck and my shirt, red blood eyes and nose.

"And now—and now she left us completely!" He shouted and you flinched. "She's gone! The same way Jihee did! She left us behind, Y/N!"

Your eyes immediately softened and you hugged the boy tightly. You immediately missed his dreamy smile and funny remarks.

"Shh, baby," You softly said running your fingers through his hair. "It's okay. I'm here. I won't leave."

If you had only known what was there to come, you would've not said such thing.