Chapter 2: Toriel the Caretaker

After "saving" their progress, the two met up with Toriel above the staircase and proceeded to go to the next room. The next room had buttons laying on the right side with a sign next to the door way. Toriel stopped to fully face them.

"Welcome to your new home, innocent ones." She started. "Allow me to educate you in the operation of the RUINS."

Toriel then stepped on the buttons in a chronological order without stepping on the middle buttons and pulled the lever which opened the two way door next to her. She went back to the two.

"The RUINS are filled with puzzles. Ancient fusions between diversions and doorkeys. One must solve them to move from room to room. Please adjust yourself to the sight of them." She gave them instructions of how the RUINS work.

'Really? Puzzles? Like she did just a moment ago?' BoBoiBoy sweat dropped seeing Toriel already doing the puzzle for them.

Later, she left the room to make them follow her once again although BoBoiBoy had to make a quick moment to read the sign beside him.

*Only the foolish may proceed.
*Brave ones, foolish ones.
*Both walk not the middle road.

"..." He stared at it for quite some time. "Well I'm glad she did that for us anyway."

"To make progress here, you will need to trigger several switches. Do not worry, I have labelled the ones that you need to flip." Toriel said as she crossed over the small bridge.

"Hey BoBoiBoy, are you feeling okay?" Frisk asked with a worried look.

"I'm fine Frisk. Why do you ask?"

"It's just that I noticed you were walking slower now than we were at the beginning. Are you feeling alright?"

Now that they mentioned it, they're right. He is walking a bit sluggish. Perhaps it's from the fall's result that rendered his back to break or the earlier "fight" with Flowey and its pellets. For reassurance, BoBoiBoy pat Frisk on the head.

"It's okay kiddo. I'm fine either way, don't sweat it. I can handle myself." He tried putting on a straight face, trying to mask his pained expression behind it. Somehow, it worked as Frisk took it to heart and gave him some space. He couldn't keep the tough guy act any longer as the pain came back. He winced but endured.

*"Set your eyes on the sign to read signs!" Frisk read it. "Okay... how does that help?"

"Or maybe it's just a reminder for us to need to know the basic fundamental choices in case we end up forgetting it."

"What?" They tilted their head, confused of what he said.

"Never mind." He dismissed.

They went on to the small gap and found Toriel waiting for them. She seems to be blocking the way. Frisk pulled down one lever attached on the wall filled with vines and another one that is on the opposite end.

Frisk noticed one lever on the right. Even when the obvious is right in front of them, they're curiousity for pulling that lever on the right increased.

"No no no! You want to press the other switch. I even labelled it for you..." She stopped Frisk from touching that lever.

"C'mon Frisk. Let's do what she says." BoBoiBoy said, tired. He haven't had a chance to rest yet after setting up all the camping equipment from outside. He wondered when his friends would come to save him? But even if they did, how would they get out if the hole has a one way invisible barrier?

Frisk grumbled something before pulling down the other switch. The spikes behinf Toriel were removed and they can move forward.

"Splendid! I am proud of you, little ones." Toriel praised. "Let us move to the next room."