Chapter 4: Home

(Undertale OST - Home 🎵)

"Whoaa..." BoBoiBoy gasped at Toriel's home. It's a real home! Really homey for the two humans. Who knew Toriel would live in a nice place like this? Perhaps BoBoiBoy judged her a little bit too much.

"Do you smell that?" Toriel asked them. They sniffed and something smells good entered their nostrils.

"Surprise! It is a butterscotch-cinnamon pie." Toriel said.

"Oh sweet! I'm craving now!" BoBoiBoy said with excitement. Butterscotch and cinnamon combined in a pie is tasty-sounding.

"I thought we might celebrate your arrival. I want you two to have a nice time living here. So I will hold off on snail pie for tonight." She finished.

'S-snail pie!?' BoBoiBoy grimaced the thought of a pie made of snails. Spider Cider is another thing but Snail Pie? Oof, that thought alone would make you gag.

"Y-yeah... Thanks mom." Frisk said. From hearing them addressing Toriel as 'mom', she couldn't help but to put a smile on her goat face.

"Here, I have another surprise for you two." Toriel held them by the hand and took them to a room closest to her.

"This is it... A room of your own! I hope you like it!" She stroked both their heads, or hat in BoBoiBoy's case.

"Thank you for this Toriel." BoBoiBoy said genuinely. He still wanted the pie to be honest.

"Is something burning...?" She said as she sniffed something horrid in the air. "Um, make yourself at home!" She clasped her hands and ran off to the other way.

"C'mon! Let's check out the room!" Frisk excitedly pulled BoBoiBoy's arm and entered what seems to be like a kid's room.

BoBoiBoy liked this room. It reminded him of his own room back at Tok Aba's except it's a bit messy. Frisk immediately loved it here. They check out the bed and lay there for a while.

With nothing else to do, he checked what's resting on the drawers. An empty photo frame. It's really dusty. This implies something that somebody used to live here previously. A box of kid's shoes in disparity of sizes. And box full of toys.

"Hmm... Hey Frisk, do you think—" Before he can finish, sounds of light snoring filled the quiet room. It was Frisk's. He figured they were tired from all the things they did at the RUINS. They deserve a good rest. So he let his companion sleep in the meantime.

He turned off the lamps illuminating the room and quietly exited the room. He wandered the house a little, even going as far as to enter Toriel's room without her permission. He roamed for a bit and found a bucket of snails, assuming that's how the snail pie was made.

"Gross..."

He even found a diary on the desk. He shouldn't snoop other people's diaries but curiosity got the best of him.

"Why did the skeleton want a friend?" He read the encircled passage.

"Because she was feeling bonely..." He cringed. "Okay, I think that's enough for that."

He exited the room and he accidently looked at himself in the mirror. He as looked better nowadays. His hat is a little dusty and his lone white streak was just there dangling. He wiped away the dust on his hat and proceeded to go to the dining room. The same aroma still spreads in the air. He saw Toriel coming out of the kitchen before she noticed him.