the problems of kissing

i.

i thought you were going to hug me, but then you actually tried kissing me.

ii.

when you kiss your tongues are joined and your bones latch onto each other and when my bones fall apart they'll scrape and chip yours till they turn to dust along with mine. dusty girls aren't allowed to kiss boys with fragile bones. you've become my sternum, my ribcage, the bone in my calf i can't ever seem to remember the name for and now that ive stolen your bones you have to kiss me or else you'll turn to dust just as i did. (that's why i stole your bones).

iii.

does kissing mean i love you?

because i don't.

iv.

i have rose petal lying lips that'll whisper the words you always wanted to hear and i'll promise you a better world, but i'm actually made out of hues of grey and smoky lies. kiss my rose petal lips again please.

v.

my lips are chapped and bloody and yours are so goddamn soft.

vi.

kisses are undeniable and "undoable" and it's impossible to forget the fire and ice of lip on lip and tongue against tongue and hands on waist or cupping your soft cheeks. it's an act of forever and once the lips you've parted for have gone missing you'll always miss them. you can't erase a kiss.

vii.

does a kiss still mean i love you?

i keep kissing you.

and i still don't love you.