blurred stars

remember the night we danced beneath the stars? the grass was damp beneath our toes and i spun in circles, my arms spread wide like my eyes. my feet moved faster and faster and the white light of the stars above blurred together and you were playing some alternative rock band, but a new symphony played in my mind and filled my ears. the music resonated through my core and pressed against my spine. every star became a shooting star and i forgot we only had only till the pink morning sun broke the surface of the trees below us, but we had hours left and i could spin forever. i could taste the night on my tongue and freedom danced on my lips. you were blurred away with the stars but still just as bright. the world seemed so pure and i realized maybe i didn't need to be fueled by sin even though your lips taste like the scotch hidden in the cabinet beneath the sink and i craved that sin, but the clarity of the night ran through my veins and became infused with my heart drowning the devil resting in my lungs.

remember when we ran through sprinklers, head first and completely fearless? my hair fell in clumps in front of my eyes and i kept wishing on those blurred stars you'd tuck the strands behind my ears and finally look into my eyes. i begged for you to finally see me. i wanted you to feel the purity of the night and feel my beating heart. but instead you dashed off to another sprinkler and i forced myself away from wishful thinking because i was greedy little girl who stepped on people who were as fragile as flower petals and not even night air could wash me clean and fill me with moonshine. i think it just masked the asphalt that burned my throat and coated my tongue and ribs. so the asphalt girl followed the moonshine boy.

do you remember when we finally laid in the grass, side by side, limbs numb? our hearts beat in tune with one another's and my eyes were still wide. yours were closed. i hoped the stars would blur again, but i think the earth at night stays still and quits rotating so fast because i think it'd like some peace and quiet for once. i told you this and you said i was dumb without ever opening your eyes because the world has to continue spinning because on the other side of the world it's daytime and it will become nighttime meaning the earth is still rotating. i said that you're mean. mean mean boy made of moonshine and im not really sure what i saw in you. but i wanted you to know that when i looked at you, the stars blurred again. and the night was wearing away and the freedom left my lips and the water dried from my cheeks and soon you'd go back home through your window and i failed to realize the night had not masked my asphalt and that's why you'd never open your eyes and see me.

so idk how to feel about this piece??? i liked the first paragraph but i think i ruined it with the rest but whatever???? ok srry bye bye friends