1

Y/N

"That's it. Remember, your essays are due at the end of this week, you've had this assignment for a month." The professor says. "Last project of the year, I expect that you all are almost done. Class dismissed."

I immediately get out of my chair and start to walk for the exit.

"Hey, Y/N!"

I look behind me to find my friend with a wide smile on her face.

"Hi, Hana." I smile.

"Your bags are deeper than usual today. How late did you stay up?" Hana asks after a minute of us walking together in silence.

"Five, I think." I tell her. "I was up writing again."

"The essay?"

"No, I was writing fanfiction."

"About your BTS oppas?" She says in a high pitch mocking voice.

"Shut up." I groan.

"Are you done with your essay?" She questions.

I stay silent and instead study the corridors. Students walk around with their heavy back packs while talking to close friends.

"You haven't started, have you?" She sighs.

"I'm halfway done." I defend myself.

"Its a twenty thousand word essay." She sighs.

"I know..." I say as I open the doors to the university cafeteria.

"Tell me why you were the one to get the scholarship again? You don't work hard for anything." She complains.

"I know, okay? I don't fucking deserve this, everyone can stop telling me that now!" I raise my voice in annoyance and guilt. I pick up a tray and stand in line for food.

A million other people should have gotten full ride, but instead it was me. A lazy fanfiction writer who can't even write an essay for school.

"That's not what I said. I'm saying that I think you should work harder. You haven't really been working very hard since the end of highschool. I'm worried that your father is getting to you again."

"I promise, I'm okay." I tell her.

My father had died halfway through senior year, causing my mom to be left to work for everyrhing and me to have periods where I wouldn't talk to anybody or do my work. Extenuating circumstances is what most people called it. During that time I had to see a therapist and started writing. I got better and I've been better since. I'm just at my end-of-school-laziness period.

We got through the rest of the lunch line and sit at our regular table without talking. I pull my laptop from my bag and place it infront of me.

"Are you going to work on your essay?" Hana says in a threatening voice.

"Yes, mom." I groan.

"When's your next class? Are you going to finish your essay today?"

"I have class in like three hours, so I was going to finish my essay now. It shouldn't be too hard, it's only an argumentative piece." I shrug.