6

THIRD PERSON
A MONTH LATER

"I swear if Jungkook keeps posting such hot photos and videos, I'm going to pass out." I tell Kookie as we play Overwatch. Kookie just laughs.

"I've never heard you talk about them being cute before- except for Jungkook." I realise.

"They're hot, don't get me wrong, but I have a bigger interest in women, Y/N."

"Oh. I didn't know that."

"Have you thought I was gay this whole time?" Kookie asks in disbelief.

"What? No!" The pitch of my voice is high.

"Why?"

"You were reading a Taehyung x reader! And you never expressed preference for a gender! So in the back of my head I kind of assumed..." My voice trails.

THIRD PERSON

"I've expressed prefrence for you." Kookie says, his voice dripped with disappointment.

He couldn't believe she didn't pick up on his flirting, although in her defense, he could admit he wasn't very direct with it. All he really all he did to express his feelings was tell her he missed her, told her he would rather talk to her than do almost everything else, and he thought he had shown her quite well that he didnt like that she was going on a date that one time she went on a date.

"Oh, Kookie..." Her voice trails again.

"I'm gonna go." Jungkook tells her.

"No, Kookie, wait-" she couldn't finish her sentence due to him ending the call quickly.

"Fuck." They both sigh at the same time.

Jungkook goes to talk to the rest of the band and Y/N collapses in her bed, thinking.

Y/N didn't necessarily have a chance to develop feelings for the boy. She thought he was only open to dating men due to his lack of talking about sexual attraction and him, as a guy, reading a story about a dude falling in love with the reader, who was him, a guy. Because of this, her thought of him only liking men, she refused to even think about anything more than a friendship with Kookie. There was also the fact that you needed to know someone well to develop strong and real feelings toward someone. She knew him quite well, and she knew that, but it was always back to the point that she didn't know his real name, only a nickname, so how well did she truly know him? She didn't know. She believed everything he told her was true, and she trusted him with everything.

He on the other hand, knew her real name. He knew her sexuality due to her talking openly to him about it because of how close they actually were. He knew her darkest secrets, and she knew his too. He knew what she looked like, he didn't try to stop his emotions, he allowed for them to grow and flourish after talking to the rest of his bandmates about it.

"You can't blame her, you know." Namjoon says after Jungkook is finished explaining the situation.

All seven of them had gathered in the living room to talk. They all cared about each other so much, they got together to help each other through tough situations and arguments.

"Namjoon's right. You were a guy reading a Taehyung X Reader fanfiction. You cant blame her for thinking you were gay." Jimin says.