Hawaii

Ally was sitting in the backseat of her car, listening to her parents converse about how 'exciting' and 'new' things were gonna be. Her dad got a new position for his job, so they're relocating him to Honolulu, Hawaii. They got a two story house by the beach, and by the pictures shown to Ally it was really nice.

"Dad are we there yet?"

Jerry looks in the rear view mirror of his 18 year old and smiles, "Yes mija, we are about ten minutes away."

Ally's mom, Patricia, turns to look at her. "Now baby, I know you're still upset about moving away from all of your friends and family in Texas, but I really think you're gonna have a great time here."

Ally smiles, and continues to look out the window, seeing all the people walking in the street, drinking, or laughing, everyone is definitely tan. She's observing all the stores, and restaurants around, seeing what's close by, and what's not.

It was really beautiful here.

They pass by a hotel pool, and she reads a sign that read 'HIRING LIFEGUARDS'.

Jerry must've noticed the same sign too, "You should apply Allybear, you're still certified and I'm sure these Hawaiians aren't ready for my olympic swimmer!"

Ally laughs, "Dad, I was only on the high school level, but I will think about applying."

"Mija, you were number in state! Of course they'll accept you."
-

Exiting the car, the family views the huge house in front of them. The family was at awe, the pictures didn't do this house justice. "Wow dad, you officially have the coolest job." Ally comments, taking a few steps back to view the house. That was cut short, as what Ally feels like a bull dozer just hit her, she's collides with someone and falls to the ground.

"Ow...." Ally hears someone groan next to her, and as Ally lifts her head she sees a head of blonde hair. The blonde lifts her head, and sits up, checking her elbow that was now scraped. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry are you okay?"

Ally scrambles to the girl and checks her elbow. The blonde is surprised, since she was the one who knocked into her. "Oh...I'm okay really this is nothing." The blonde responds, and Ally gets a good look at her. Ally is entranced by her brown eyes, and she noticed the minimum make up the girl wore, she was a natural beauty. She looked native.

"I'm okay really." The blonde says again, and she smiles at Ally. Ally smiles back, and stands up. When she reaches her hand out for the girl on the girl on the ground to reach, she didn't register just how tall she was.

Ally was shocked at how she towered her, and even got intimidated. The tall girl reaches out to Ally and fixes her hair. "There you go, now we both don't look like complete messes," They both laugh, and the taller girl holds out her hand. "I'm Dinah, by the way, sorry for bumping into you, it's a steep hill and unfortunately my skateboard doesn't have any brakes."

Ally shakes the girls giant hand, "I'm Ally, I just moved here from Texas."

Dinah observes here, looking her up and down, "You don't look like you're from Texas." Ally is confused, she looked at her own outfit, which was just white shorts, and a black t shirt.

"I just thought people from Texas had boots and horse and stuff." Dinah chuckles, and Ally gets it. "I see, yeah no horses for me, I do own a pair of boots but people from Texas usually wear the same thing everyone else wears, like you." She points to Dinah's purple, yellow and white sporty outfit.

"Got it, well Ally welcome to Hawaii, but I gotta get to work, I hope to see you around cutie." Dinah grabs her skateboard, and waves back at Ally who waves back and smiles.

Ally doesn't realize she's staring until she hears someone clear their throat, "Take a picture, it'll last longer." She hears her dad from behind her, who is smiling at his daughter. Ally rolls her eyes and grabs her suitcase, "Wasn't staring dad..."

"It's okay, the last time I stared at a woman that long I..well I married her."

"Dad!"

"Jerry!"

"Shutting up."

-

Dinah walks out of the locker room, wrapping her elbow. She sees her friend Normani on the guard stand. "Hey Mani! Got an update for me?"

They were lifeguards at a mini luxury hotel near the beach.

Normani turns her head and smiles, "Jeez do you ever sound like your dad, anyway we had a little incident with a bee sting and a kid who ate too much ice cream, but that's not severe also the pumps are doing better, and the washer machines are still boo boo."

Dinah nods making a mental note, "Any new applications?" Normani shakes her head. "Nope, but give it a little time summer just started," Normani takes a better look at Dinah," the fuck happened to you?"

Dinah looks at her own elbow, and smiles at the little incident, "Ran into somebody when I was on my board on my way to work." Dinah turns around to walk to their snack shack. "Hey get me down!" Normani shouts, and Dinah laughs, looking at her watch, and tells her, "You still got a minute!"