The Date

Dwayne lays in his hammock, reading the news paper as his daughter parks her truck. "Hey guppie, I was wondering when you'd get home."

Dinah waves at her dad, "yeah sorry for coming in late I was dropping Ally off."

"Ah I see...I like her, she's a good kid, way better than that Taylor chick you brought around, she was nice but just plain."

"I like Ally too, I asked her to be my girlfriend."

"You? Asked a girl out? Did my tattoos just fall off?" Dwayne acts dramatic as he gets off the hammock and pats his daughters back as she glares at him, "I'm kidding my little minnow, I'm proud, now let's go inside and clean your boards you got a competition coming up in three months."

Dinah smiles at her dad, "Yes sir, maybe we can swim around tonight and catch some waves."

Her dad shakes his head, "Not tonight, I saw some great whites, we will wait till tomorrow when they've moved farther to sea."

-

Dinah picks up a sleepy Ally before their shift. She had done what Dinah had asked and brought an extra bag of clothes for after work. "Morning baby." Dinah says as she holds out her arm and hugs Ally, who lays her head on her shoulder. "Good morning." Ally mumbles sweetly as she falls asleep. Dinah gives her a forehead kiss and drives to the pool. It felt nice out, it wasn't scorching hot.

Dinah enjoys her windows rolled down, and waves at the people up and early in the streets.

Arriving to work, Ally gets up and stretches. Guessing she was cold, Dinah could see her nipples through her suit and had to look away and think about dead puppies because she wasn't in the mood for blue balls.

"It feels good today, you think people will show up?" Ally asks as she grabs her stuff for her locker. Dinah decides to look at Ally now, and shrugs, "Maybe, I think there's gonna be some band at the beach today so who knows."

The two girls get out of the truck, and head to the pool. Dinah's friend, Boo Boo, yells to Dinah, "Ayo Dj!"

Dinah turns and waves at her friend, "Oh hey B, what's up?"

"We are going on a boat ride in two days, we are gonna go catch some big boys, want to come?"

Dinah looks at Ally, "Can my girlfriend come?"

Hearing that, Ally felt butterflies once again in her stomach. Boo Boo looks at Ally and smiles, "Yes of course! Boo Boo Stewart by the way, pleasure to meet you."

Ally waves, "Ally Brooke Hernandez, nice to meet you too."

Boo Boo then starts to walk off, "See you guys Friday then at noon!"

-

"Ma-halo."

"No baby Ma Ha Lo."

"Ma-Hamo."

Dinah drops her head as she hears her girlfriends pronunciation on the phrase she was trying to teach her. "Ally, repeat after me, Ma. Ha. Lo. Like low to the floor not halo."

"Okay...Ma ha Lo." Ally cringes at her southern accent getting in the way but succeeds. "There you go." Dinah smiles as she has taught her how to say thank you in Hawaiian.

"Look Mani and Lauren are here." Ally points as she sees them walking in hand in hand. "Are they...you know..." Dinah asks Ally.

"As the boss you're very oblivious as to what happens around here." Ally says and waves at their friends. Lauren cautiously gets closer, "I see that you two are good so DJ before you beat me up I didn't do anything with Ally."