Chapter 3 - Sailing close to the wind

Alissa's POV

I was in Monaco with my brother, Chad, his wife, Elise and my best friend, Angela, watching Formula 1. My brother's friend, the famous Formula 1 driver and the last three years champion, Diego Rodriguez invited us here.

I wasn't in the mood, but Angela dragged me here telling me that I should forget my ex-boyfriend, Johnny. Johnny and I met at college and started dating. Everything between us was so beautiful at least I thought till two weeks ago; he came and told me that he got a job offer abroad. And he was going to leave in two days. I was shocked and upset when I heard about it, but I didn't show him my sadness because I knew it was his dream job and told him that it was fine, and we could often visit each other and so on. I worked at our family company. So I couldn't leave New York so sudden. But he told me he didn't want a distant relationship, and he wanted to break up. It was a double shock for me. I thought it couldn't get worse till I saw his photo where he was kissing some girl on his Facebook account.

After the race, my brother and his wife went to Italy to continue their holiday. But Angela and I were going to stay here three weeks more. I should accept Angela was right, and this holiday helped me to pull myself together a little. I decided not to think about that idiot anymore and have fun.

Tonight, Angela and I were attending Diego's party on his yacht.

I was sipping my Martini while enjoying the party. The party was fun.

Angela approached me, giving me a mischievous grin.

"Get ready, you are going to sing karaoke. I included you in the list." She informed.

"What?!" I exclaimed in shock. "No, Angela. I will not sing in front of all these people." I said nervously.

"Dear, don't be nervous. You have such a beautiful voice. Come on, you are the next." She stated, giving me a warm smile.

"Angela..."

"Come on, she finished singing." She said, grinning and pushed me towards the microphone stand slightly.

I smiled shyly as the attention of people around us focused on me. I cursed at Angela with my inner voice while walking towards the microphone stand. I breathed deeply, closing my eyes and started singing.

As I had finished singing, I almost ran away from the stage. Everyone started applauding. I gave them a shy smile. I felt my cheeks turn crimson red.

"I am going to kill you, Angela." I threatened her, grinning.

"It was so perfect. Relax." Angela commented, giving me a smile.

I shook my head, smiling, and drank all my drink in a sip.

"Hey, go easy on it. You will get drunk." She warned me.

I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed a glass of whiskey from the tray when a waiter was passing by.

"Didn't you tell me to have fun?!" I winked at her and drank my whiskey.

Suddenly, I saw a man walking towards me. He was sinfully handsome and sexy like a Greek god. He wore a navy blue shirt and black ripped jeans. He had blond hair and blue eyes. Crystal blue. So beautiful. Everything about him was like a warning about trouble. He was like a walking disaster; you should stay away. He looked like someone who would turn your world upside down and disappear like a ghost leaving just the pieces of your heart and big disappointment behind himself nothing more.

These scenes were familiar to me thanks to my brother. He was a good person and the best brother in the world, but he was a former womanizer. As much as my brother was married to the love of his life and was head over heels in love with his wife, but it still affected me how he had treated women before he fell in love with Elise. So I always tried to stay away from playboys.

"Hello." He gave me a charming smile, extending his hand towards me as he approached us.

Diego and a man with black hair and brown eyes followed him.

"Hello." I gave him a shy smile and shook his hand.

"Let me introduce you to each other. This is Marcus, Pr..." Diego intervened.

"Just Marcus." The Greek god intervened. The man beside Diego grinned with a sly smile.

 The man beside Diego grinned with a sly smile

"Nice to meet you. I am Alissa." I introduced myself, giving him a warm smile.

"Alissa. Such a beautiful name." He commented huskily and gave me a charming smile.

I smiled shyly as I averted my gaze. I didn't understand why, but I felt so nervous and shy beside him. He had a strange and irresistible aura. It was predictable that he had a lot of victims with his charm. A lot of tearful eyes and broken hearts.

"And this is Roland." Diego said and gestured to the man beside him. "Just Roland." He added, giving him a sarcastic smirk and shook his head.

I looked at Angela, giving her a puzzled look. She shrugged her shoulders and extended her hand towards Roland.

"Nice to meet you, Roland. I am Angela." She gave him a seductive smile.

Here we go again!

"Nice to meet you, Angela." Roland said without taking his eyes off her and placed a kiss on her knuckles.

"How about dance?" Angela suggested.

Roland gave her a devilish smirk and nodded. He placed his hand on her lower back as they walked away.

Suddenly, someone called Diego.

"Excuse me, I need to go." He gave us an apologetic look and walked away, leaving me with the Greek god alone.

I was taking a sip from my drink without looking at Marcus, but I felt his gaze on me.

After a few hours, I felt tipsy, but I wasn't sure it was just because of alcohol or this gorgeous man beside me. We talked, laughed. He was a funny person. I liked spending time with him.

"Would you like to dance with me, bambi?" He asked huskily, placing his hand on my lower back as he moved closer to me. There were a few inches between our lips. I gulped nervously, looking at his soft lips. Without waiting for my answer, he grabbed my hand and headed us towards the dancing people.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him while looking into my eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck, biting my lower lip. My heart was pounding like crazy.

"You make my head spin." I giggled and buried my head into the hollow of his neck.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends.