Chapter 24 - Surprise

Two months later

Alissa's POV

I smiled happily, looking at two pink lines on the stick.

Positive.

When Marcus heard it, he would be on cloud nine. I placed my hand on my stomach and stroked it gently while smiling ear-to-ear.

"Hey, my little one." I said softly, caressing my belly. "When your daddy finds out about you, he will be so happy." I added, smiling.

I couldn't wait to tell Marcus about my pregnancy. I felt excited. He was abroad for royal engagements. He was coming back today. It was the first time he had gone abroad without me since we got married. I missed him terribly.

I was looking through the window, resting my hand on my belly while waiting for Marcus. His jet landed in Stockholm an hour ago. He was about to arrive.

As I heard the noises of a helicopter, I smiled happily and went to the yard. Finally, Marcus came.

As he got off the helicopter, I rushed towards him, smiling.

He opened his arms wide, giving me his charming smile

He opened his arms wide, giving me his charming smile. I threw myself into his arms. He hugged me tightly and swirled me around cheerfully.

"I missed you." I admitted as he set me down on my feet.

"I missed you too, bambi." He said, cupping my cheek, and stroked it gently. I smiled and brushed my lips against his. He tightened his grip around my waist and deepened our kiss, kissing me in a demanding kiss.

When I pulled back, I noticed the bodyguards looking at us, amused. My cheeks flushed. I averted my gaze. Marcus wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him and placed a soft kiss on my forehead as he headed us towards the palace.

After Marcus had greeted his parents, we went to our bedroom. As soon as Marcus closed the door behind him, he pinned me up against the wall as he smashed his lips against mine, kissing me eagerly. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I responded to his kiss. He slid his hand under my dress, caressing my thigh.

"I missed you so much, bambi." He confessed, placing several kisses on my neck.

I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him back slightly. He gave me a puzzled look.

"I have a surprise for you. So you have to wait for awhile." I winked at him, amused.

"I don't think I will like your surprise more than making you scream my name under me." He commented huskily and continued kissing my neck.

I grinned and gripped his hair and pulled it back slightly. "Your Highness, I ask you to be patient." I said playfully.

"Alissa." He pouted and pulled back. "Ok, show me your surprise. But if it isn't better than having you under me, then I will punish you." He stated hoarsely, looking into my eyes with lustful eyes and bit his lower lip.

I gave him a mischievous grin and held his hand. I headed us towards the bed.

"Sit down." I said. He sighed and sat down, looking impatient.

I walked towards the drawer and opened it. I grabbed the white box. I breathed deeply and walked towards him.

He looked at the box and asked. "What is it?"

"Open it." I said, excited and gave him a wide smile.

He took the box and untied the purple ribbon. "Bambi, there was no better gift than holding you in..." He didn't finish his sentence as he saw the pregnancy test inside the box. His eyes widened in surprise.

"I am pregnant." I informed happily.

He took the stick without taking his eyes off it for a second.

"Baby?" He lifted his head up and looked at me. "I am going to be a father." He mumbled, looking at me with shining eyes.

"Yes, you are." I stated happily.

A wide grin appeared on his face. He put the box and stick on the bed as he stood up quickly and approached me. In a flash, he wrapped his arms around my waist and swirled me around happily. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I am going to be a father." He shouted happily and smashed his lips against mine. He set me down on my feet carefully and cupped my cheeks. "I love you. I love you, bambi." He stated happily, full of affection and love in his eyes and placed several kisses on my forehead, nose, cheeks, lips.

"I love you too." I said, giggling.

He pulled back and bent down in front of me. He placed his hand on my belly and looked at me, smiling widely. I smiled at him happily and stroked his hair gently.

"Hey, my little one. It is your daddy. I look forward to holding you in my arms." He said softly and placed a soft kiss on my belly. I smiled, stroking his hair.

He straightened and brushed his lips against mine. In a flash, he scooped me up in his arms and carried me towards the bed without separating our lips.

I was laying in his arms on the bed. He was caressing my hair while I was resting my head on his chest next to our entwined hands.

"I like the Prince." I whispered in his ear playfully and placed a chaste kiss on his cheek.

He grinned and tightened his grip around me.

"What do you like the most about him?" He asked, giving me an amused grin.

"His wife." I replied, amused. "She is perfect." I added, giving him an arrogant smirk.

He chuckled. "Yes. I know. She is so perfect and hot." He said seductively and kissed my lips. "But the Prince is gorgeous as well." He added mischievously as he pulled back slightly and winked at me.

"Yeah, he is." I admitted and bit my lower lip, looking into his eyes seductively. "He can blow your mind." I added.

A corner of his lips curled up in a smile. "His Highness is delighted to hear it." He said huskily and smashed his lips against mine, kissing me passionately.

****

Today Marcus and I were attending an event together. He was going to give a speech.

After putting my navy blue midi dress, I checked myself in the mirror one more time. Then I grabbed my clutch and left.

I was watching Marcus proudly while he was giving a speech. He looked so handsome in his black suit.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I placed my hand on my stomach as I grabbed the corner of the table for support. I breathed deeply, my hand still on my belly. My head spun. My vision was blurry.

"Your Highness, are you okay?" My bodyguard asked, worried.

"I..." Suddenly, my vision darkened.