Chapter 17 - The permission

Marcus's POV

My father didn't say anything, thinking. I breathed deeply and approached him.

"Dad, trust me. I love and respect my people as much as you love and respect them. But for making my people happy, ruling this kingdom fairly, improving my country, I need to be happy too. I don't want it to be just a burden for me." I confessed. "I want to take this responsibility willingly and with love. I don't want to blame this country thinking that because of this country I lost the love of my life." I added, looking at my father sadly.

He sighed, rubbing the nape of his neck without saying anything, lost in his thoughts. It felt like he softened up.

"Dad, please, trust me. I will make you and my country proud of me." I promised. "And you Dad, you fell in love with my mother and got married to her. You can understand me very well. I want to share my life with someone I love like you share." I added, giving him a begging look.

He sighed. "Okay." He mumbled. I gave him a bright smile. "But you will handle all this mess yourself." He said firmly.

"Ok." I instantly accepted. "Thank you, Dad." I gave him a grateful smile.

"But if I don't like this girl who you have brought here, you will forget about this marriage." He commented.

"Dad, you will like Alissa. She is a good girl." I informed.

"We will see." He commented. I beamed at him.

I felt so happy. I wanted to jump, screaming that I was going to marry Alissa. Actually, I was afraid of my father's reaction. Because everyone thought that I was going to marry Stella in the future. Even the people in our countries, paparazzi talked about it. But fortunately, I managed to convince my father. Now I should talk to Stella and tell her that I wouldn't marry her. But it wouldn't be easy compared to my conversation with my father. It would create a big problem between our countries. I hoped I would handle it too. But for now I was planning to live for the moment. And I was planning to propose to my Alissa as soon as possible as I got my father's permission.

My father smiled, shaking his head. "You always make us accept your decisions or give you permission to do what you want." He stated, amused.

"Maybe this character will make me be a good king one day in the future like you." I commented honestly.

He smiled and tapped my back. "Marcus, you will be a good king. I am sure of it." He gave me a proud smile. "And good luck with Stella and her family. You will need it." He said and left.

Alissa's POV

After having dinner with Marcus and his family, we talked for awhile. I really liked his parents. They were so caring, kind and humble. Actually, before meeting them, I was afraid of their reaction when they found out about our relationship, but now I felt relieved and happy. Yes, his father's first reaction was bad like I had imagined, but after talking to Marcus, he softened up.

After chatting, his mother showed me my room.

The guest room had a sophisticated cream colour scheme, with gold accents and pretty floral prints. It was so beautiful and lavish.

After changing my clothes, I went to bed. I felt so tired.

Suddenly, I heard some noises in the room. I felt anxious.

Who is it? Burglar? Or....Calm down, Alissa. You are in a freaking palace with a lot of guards. But...if his parents want to get rid of me. His father didn't like me when Marcus introduced us to each other. Maybe he was pretending, and now he....No, no. Don't talk bullshit.

I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Help!" I shouted in panic as I opened my eyes.

Instantly, Marcus covered my mouth with his hand as he sat down beside me on the bed.

Marcus?

"It is me Marcus." He said, still covering my mouth. "Be quiet, bambi! They will think I am doing naughty things to you." He smirked arrogantly.

"Damn it, Marcus! You scared me." I confessed. My heart was still pounding like crazy.

"Sorry, bambi." He gave me a boyish smile.

"What are you doing here at such an early hour?" I asked with a sleepy voice, rubbing my eye and looked at the watch. It was dawn.

"I came to kidnap you." He winked at me.

"What?" I asked, puzzled. I was still sleepy.

"Come on." He said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the bed.

"Where are we going?" I asked in curiosity.

"Surprise." He grinned mischievously. "Get ready. I am waiting for you at the door." He said and left.

After I had gotten ready, we left the palace and got in his car. As we arrived at our destination, Marcus got out of the car. I looked around in awe. The place was spectacular.

Marcus opened the door for me and extended his hand towards me, giving me his charming smile. I held his hand and got out of the car.

"Where are we? It is so beautiful." I said happily.

"Bergius Botanic Garden." He informed and headed us towards the entrance, holding my hand tightly.

The garden consisted of two old-fashioned, traditional green houses, the Victoria house which was a very beautiful and romantic round shaped glasshouse where they kept water lilies-including the gigantic and reputable amazonica from the Amazon region and lotus flowers and the Edvard Andersson house where they kept plants from different parts of the World. Outside the garden covering quite a big area along the Brunnsviken Lake with a beautiful view. It covered different species of flowers and had a tiny but cozy Japanese garden.

On the Italian terrace, you could enjoy the beautiful view across Brunnsviken. The terrace was surrounded by flower beds with plants from the Mediterranean.

After strolling for a while, we got on the boat. I was watching around in serenity. The place was stunning and there were no one here, excluding Marcus, me and his bodyguards who kept watching us from afar.

I turned my head towards Marcus who was staring at me and gave him a wide smile.

"Thank you for bringing me here. " I said.

"You are welcome, bambi. We are here not just because I wanted you to see this place...but..." He paused and handed me a little white box which he had taken with him when we got on the boat.