Chapter 2

*******************

Asalamu Alaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatu. 

Here's a chapter just for you!!!

But before....in case you forgot to read Quran..........

*********

Quote from the Holy Qur'an: Al-Baqara (2:183)

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo kutiba AAalaykumu alssiyamu kama kutiba AAala allatheena min qablikum laAAallakum tattaqoona

O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint,-

************

She jolted awake , her heart pounding against her rib cage. Cold sweat broke across her brow as she begun to panic. What had awoken her??? She wondered  as she placed a hand on her chest trying to clam her racing heart.

Crush!!!  She heard it again , but this time it came with voices...... loud voices... one's she knew too well.

She yanked the covers off, not bothering to wrap her hijab as she sprinted out of the room...barefooted and hair flying.

She followed the voices and made her way downstairs into the living room where she met a mess. The broken piece of a lampshade laid at the base of the stairs..... her eyes following the remaining pieces....one piece laying by the couch and the main parts against the base of the front door.

Her eyes noted the broken bits of the beautiful intricate vase that used to be on the coffee table. It was completely shattered and the pieces  spread out across the floor. She took in a sharp breath and gulped....... there was only one person she knew who could create a mess like this.......... in a fit of rage... complete rage ........

*Her father*

It was no secret that her dad had a Temper....and a bad one for that matter. But her rarely got angry or was good at hiding it unless of course something which was unimaginable happened...........and come to think of that....she kind of had an idea what it was about..

She glanced around room.... her eyes landing on a quivering mother who was trying as much as possible to look and act strong....but a closer look at her and liya could tell she was falling miserably but holding it together because in the moment she was the only one who could calm her husband down.

She had her palms flat against his heaving chest...... fingers wide apart and soothing circles against it. Her lips were moving probably murmuring words to calm him down but he didn't seem to hear it as his face was firmly fixed on Yasmin's crying form.

Liya had only seen him this angry thrice...... and those occasions...it got nasty. Not even their mother could get him to calm down, which on Normal occasions she did perfectly by hugging him to her frame. But on those rare occasions he got this angry , after a fit..... he'd either take a cold shower...a very cold one to drain out the "heat" as he put it. Or simply perform a two rakat salat in the pouring rain...... which was a one time and she had loved it.......  as odd as it may sound.

Her eyes drifted to Yasmin, who has a hand over her mouth to muffle her sobs and was pressed tightly against the wall as if she wanted to disappear from their  father's hot glares.