Chapter 4

Asalamu Alaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatu. Here's another chapter for y'all.

**************

Quote from the Holy Qur'an: Ar-Room (30:22)

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ

Wamin ayatihi khalqu alssamawati waalardi waikhtilafu alsinatikum waalwanikum inna fee thalika laayatin lilAAalimeena

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

********************

"She begged me not to"

"Obviously she did. Who would want their sister to find out they'd been sleeping with her Husband-to-be"

"Would you let me finish?" He snapped and she shut up. Sometimes she forgot he was seven years older than her.

A few minutes passed before he spoke again.

"I chanced upon her once talking on the phone to someone when Amir's name came up and something about owning up to the pregnancy"

She let out a shaky breath at the revelation. It had never crossed her mind that Yasmin had been trying get Amir to own up to the pregnancy. Now she felt bad.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I was just stuck there unable to move as word after word fell from her lips. I was beyond shocked I tell you" he said... a hint of a faux Indian accent he had picked up after living there for a short while lacing it.

"I planned on confronting her but the look in her eyes after she saw me behind her confirmed all my suspicion and cleared any doubt."

"You should have seen her Liya..... she looked scared and terrified and before I should move an inch she fell on her knees and started to beg me not to tell you. I was adamant at first but when she promised to tell me everything, I relented."

"So you decided to keep her secret in exchange for some girly gossip?" She scoffed.

He ignored her comment with an eye roll

"She was afraid you'd hate her. Hell!!! She's terrified. I'm shocked you don't see it."

"Of course I do...... I'm her sister" she shot back.

"Then you'd should be able to tell by now she's afraid of ruining your happiness. Which is going to happen either way"

"So the best thing her brilliant mind could come up with was shut up and watch me marry someone like him knowing full well what they'd done" she spat.

"She was screwed and couldn't think straight"

"Straight?? Isn't she the smart one between us two?. I guess her smartness didn't help in knowing her limits then."

"Do you like him"

"What?"

"You heard me"

"Who?"

"Amir"

"And why should I answer that?" She said cocking an eyebrow.

He just stared through the mirror.