Chapter 9

Asalamu alaikum. Here's another update for you all. I should really work on an updating schedule 🤔. Anyway hope you'll like it. Enjoy!!!!!.

*****************
Quote from the Holy Qur'an: Al-A'raaf (7:58)

وَالْبَلَدُ الطَّيِّبُ يَخْرُجُ نَبَاتُهُ بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهِ ۖ وَالَّذِي خَبُثَ لَا يَخْرُجُ إِلَّا نَكِدًا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ نُصَرِّفُ الْآيَاتِ لِقَوْمٍ يَشْكُرُونَ

Waalbaladu alttayyibu yakhruju nabatuhu biithni rabbihi waallathee khabutha la yakhruju illa nakidan kathalika nusarrifu alayati liqawmin yashkuroona

From the land that is clean and good, by the will of its Cherisher, springs up produce, (rich) after its kind: but from the land that is bad, springs up nothing but that which is niggardly: thus do we explain the signs by various (symbols) to those who are grateful.

****************

"Does it bother you?"

"Huh"

"Does it bother you" Yasmin said a little louder now from behind the bathroom door.

"What?"

"You know......the stares, the whispering .....? She trailed off, her voice a tiny whisper on its own.

Liya inhaled deeply and exhaled. How to answer to this. She couldn't let her Know the truth, or at least the entire truth. She couldn't let her Know how much it got to her or hurt her or how it was affecting her social life. She had to be strong, for herself and for Yasmin.

"It doesn't matter" she said after a short while.

"It matters Liya, it matters to me... knowing I'm the cause of all this."

"Hey, hey, hey....." She said in a soothing voice, opening the door to find Yasmin leaning against the wall just behind it.

She grabbed her face which had two tear  streaks on it. Yasmin refused to meet her gaze.

"Look at me.....,look at me"

She reluctantly shifted to look at her.

"It doesn't matter whether, they talk or not. People always find something to talk about and always will. It isn't your fault, you made a Mistake Yasmin, everyone does so don't beat yourself up for it. Alright??"

She wiped Yasmin tears with her thumbs.

" Besides, Yusuf wouldn't have come into our lives if not for that." She said motioning to the little boy who seemed to be facinated with something on the ceiling.

They both smiled.

"Let's get back to the celebration. Baba and mum might be wondering what taking us so long"

**********

"You look stunning, MashAllah" Liya squealed upon seeing Khadija.

"Liya!!!!!!!" She squealed even louder .

"Ya Allah, where have you been? I've missed you so much " she said grabbing Liya into a tight hug.

"I'll be fine if you'd stop squeezing me like a .... .

Finally being released, she sucked in a huge breath before her face broke into a huge grin. What about you?.

"Never been better. I can't believe I got married first of us three"

"Yeah, me too. You always thought boys were yuck" they both burst out laughing

"So who's the unfortunate guy?" She said trying to suppress her giggles.