CHAPTER 5

BISMILLA!!!

Surah At-Tahrim,
                                              Verse 8:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا تُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ تَوْبَةً نَّصُوحًا عَسَىٰ رَبُّكُمْ أَن يُكَفِّرَ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَيُدْخِلَكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ يَوْمَ لَا يُخْزِي اللَّهُ النَّبِيَّ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ نُورُهُمْ يَسْعَىٰ بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَبِأَيْمَانِهِمْ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا أَتْمِمْ لَنَا نُورَنَا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا إِنَّكَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

O you who believe! turn to Allah a sincere turning; maybe your Lord will remove from you your evil and cause you to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow, on the day on which Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him; their light shall run on before them and on their right hands; they shall say: Our Lord! make perfect for us our light, and grant us protection, surely Thou hast power over all things.

WARNING: HIGHLY UNEDITED.

If she thought the tension was bad before, this was worse. The one week deadline her dad had given Amir was up and it's been an hour since he left for their place, this time without Yasmin. He was right to leave her be because she was sure she would be able to stand another confrontation with him and his family.

She was nervous and so was everyone else; that being her mother and Yasmin who were still in the hall. She'd excused herself after 10 minutes  when she couldn't take the eerie silence and hid out in her room. The wait was killing her.

She hoped Amir would come to his senses and agree to marry Yasmin for their sake. She couldn't imagine what would happen if he didn't. Yasmin's life would be destroyed. Being a divorcee was hard enough with all the judgmental looks you got but being a single mother as a product of Zina and that too at a young age. She shuddered .......

She took out her prayer mat and pray two rakat, asking her Lord for forgiveness then guidance on the behalf of Yasmin. She knows her sister hasn't been the best Muslim but she prayed for ease for her. No one deserved her situation even though she brought it upon herself.

When she was done, she made Dihkr before glancing up to the clock , it's been half an hour and he wasn't back. She decided to get some embroidery done to pass time.

Passing her hand over the embroidery, she let herself feel the design as it started to come out.

Bang!!!

Ya Allah!!!! Not again. She thought as she quickly put the embroidery aside and wrapped up her hijab before going creeping downstairs making sure not to make her presence known for some reason.

"Ya Allah!!!." Came her father's voice again. There was so much pain in them and she sort of had an idea of what it was about.

"What do I do..... what do I do?" He frantically paced raking his hands through his head.

"He refused to do it. The damn bastard refused to marry her" this time liya flinched at the word.

Liya clutched her abaya tightly. She couldn't help but feel the dread as it strongly lurch itself on her, feeding into her very being. Her fingers became clammy and sweaty causing her to tighten her hold on her abaya even more as she watched her father pace back and forth,hands gripping his hair as he mumbled inaudibly to himself.