Chapter 12: Ik-soo

"Explain what?" I acted as if I don't know what he is talking about.

"Oh, don't play dumb on me, Mitsuha. What's with your 'living with a luxurious life.' This morning?" Yoon asked.

"Did I say something like that?" I smiled innocently.

Yoon was about to say something but then Yona put a hand on his shoulder and said. "Just let her be, Yoon. If she's not ready to tell us, then let's respect her decision."

Yoon heaved a deep breath and said. "Fine."

I mouthed 'thanks' to Yona and she just smiled.

"Anyway, I'll be back outside now." I said and walked out of the tent.

I looked at Ao who is now wide awake. I lay next to Shin-ah and Ao walked to my shoulder. Nudging an Acorn on my mouth.

"I can't eat that, Ao." I said.

I didn't notice that I was already crying. I used my hand to cover my mouth and prevent the sobs. I didn't want to disturb anyone. I stood up and started to walk just about a little far from the others but I can still see them.

I sat down on a tree and let my tears fall. I put my head on my knees. I never realized that no matter how many times I try to hide the pain inside, it will still find it's way out.

I miss my family and my old life. I don't know how many seconds I have been crying. Ao just keeps nudging his cheeks on mine, as if comforting me.

"What happened?" I froze when I heard a male voice. I look up and saw Shin-ah.

I quickly wiped my tears and stood up. "Ah, it's nothing! Why are you here?"

"I think, I should be... asking you the same thing." He said.

"I just came here to sightsee!" I created my own excuse.

"But you're crying." He reasoned out.

"I just find the surrounding beautiful that it made me cry." I said.

He didn't said a single word. He just nodded but I got a feeling that he's not satisfied with my answer.

"Let's go back." I said and walked towards back to the camp with him following me and also Ao jumped back to his shoulder.

----

Yoon told us that we need to go back to his house this morning. We need to find out what is the sword and the shield in the priest prophecy. We're currently walking on a path towards Yoon's house.

"So this priest of yours lives here?" Jae-ha asked. "Yoon, did you once live here?" He added.

"Yeah, it hasn't been that long, but it feels like I've been gone for years." He answered.

(A/N: From this point on, the next part of the story is based on the manga since the anime episodes nearly ends here. This is chapter 43: From this point on.)

As Yoon opened the door of his house, he shouted. "Ik-soo, we're back!"

My eyes widened as I saw the whole house wrecked.

"What... Is this?!" Yoon asked.

My eyes darted on the guy with a blonde hair, nearly unconscious and blood is dripping down from his head. Knowing this, Yoon quickly ran towards him.

"Ik-soo? What happened? Was it thieves?" Yoon asked worriedly.

"Huh? Yoon?" Ik-soo said. He couldn't even barely open his eyes.

"I was so hungry... That I knocked everything over." He said.

"Eh?" All of us reacted. I facepalmed. So this is what Yoon meant of 'clumsy priest.'

"Phew! I narrowly escaped death!" Ik-soo said after Yoon treated his wounds and gave him a bowl of food.

Yoon started to scold him and as weird as it sounds, instead of being sorry or sad, Ik-soo was rather glad that he heard Yoon's angry voice. Wow! They must've missed each other that much!

"Priest-sama, please forgive us for suddenly visiting. It is an honour to finally meet you." Kija said and bowed his head. I did the same thing since I don't know what to do.

"No, no! The pleasure's all mine!" Ik-soo said and bowed his head too.

"It's become so lively." Ik-soo started while looking at all of us. "It looks like the princess has gone through many experiences too." He added.

"Ik-soo, the four dragons are assembled." Yoon started. "What are the sword and the shield that protects the king? Is the "king" Yona, or the current king Soo-won?" He added.

"It seems that the sword and the shield meant to protect the king both need a little more time to appear." He said and prayed. "When the time comes, you'll definitely know." He added.

"What do you mean sword and shield?" I asked clueless about what they are talking about.

Ik-soo then looked at me and smiled. "Mitsuha, come with me." He said then stood up.

My eyes widened. "How did you know my--" Yoon cut me off.

"He's a priest, God told him everything he needs to know. Even your past and future. Just follow him, he must be talking about serious matters now." He said. I just nod my head and followed Ik-soo. Why do I get the feeling that he knows something about me?