Chapter 4

*Bane’s Pov*

Whimpers filled the whole building. Whimpers of pain. It hurt my ears. I didn’t like it here but I didn’t know any other. I’ve always been here. From my birth till this day, I have been in this small grey walled box of a cell.

A few months ago, a small boy was thrown in here with me. He couldn’t have been more than five years old. Like me he didn’t have a name. Just a code. He was terrified and wouldn’t come anywhere near me. Now, he clung to me like a rock.

“Papa? Are we going to get out here someday?” he boy asked, his head in my lap. He called me papa because like me he dint have one and I was much too happy to oblige. His form was very small for a boy his age due to lack of proper nutrition.

“Of course we are” I didn’t have it in me to dash the boys hope. Nobody ever got out of here. Nobody even knew what or where here was. You are born in here, you die in here.

Everyone being held here was some sort of supernatural from what I had gathered. They were examined to the point of death to. Everyone who worked here was human. Apparently, they were scared of how powerful the supernatural beings were and decided that they need some sort of weapon in case they decided to attack the humans. So they have us to experiment one.

“Bane!” the only door in the small cell was banged on and I heaved a sigh. It was time. For some reason, this time it felt absolute. I somehow knew this was the last time I would be seeing this tiny old cell that I had spent twenty years in.

“Papa?!”Caden grabbed onto my arm as I straighten up. His brown eyes were full with tears and somehow he could feel it too.

“I’ll always look out for you, I promise!” I held him close for a few minutes before kissing his forehead and hurrying to the door as another bang sounded. I knew exactly what would be waiting for me when I stepped through the door and I was prepared for it.

I felt the electricity flood my system as they stuck the electrified probe to my naked skin and I sunk the floor. I heard Caden scream out for me before they promptly shut the door in his face. I could hear his tiny fist banging against the door, his voice hoarse with hears as he screamed out for me. Before I knew it was drifting off. Into a place that I had created just for myself.

It was never changing and tranquil. Yet it lacked something. I looked around the garden with the huge moon in the night sky and the cherry blossom petals scatter across the place. Something was missing. Someone was missing. I called out to him several time but he didn’t come. He didn’t answer. I grew desperate and angry.

When I needed him the most, he wouldn’t come to me. What kind of a mate refused to help their other half. I could see his face floating in the night sky and I knew that it was just an image from my mind. Of course he wouldn’t come. He wasn’t real. How could anyone that beautiful be real?

Beautiful glowing amber pools for eyes surrounded by a thick mass of hair. A red so vibrant and varied, I had ever seen it before. His lips were luscious and I was so close to tasting them before he disappeared. The though made me even more angry. How could he leave me behind? I needed him and he left me.

Of course he let me. Who would want to be with an abomination like me? I want neither human nor supernatural. Neither wolf not vampire nor warlock. I was just bane.  An experiment created in a lab and inject into an unfortunate woman to house till I was birthed. No nobody would want to be with me.

I felt my body crash into something cold and I was pulled out of my garden. As usual, I was in a spotless pristine white room with several humans surrounding me. I knew that if I was at my full capability I would be able to get away from here. Unfortunately, they knew this as well and that worked very hard to make sure I never got there.

 A good amount of my blood was taken periodically everyday and an array of different chemicals were also inject into me every day. I was so used it now, I think my body is immune to whatever they gave me.

As always, I wasn’t very lucid as they moved around me. I didn’t want to be. Whatever they just injected into me was stronger than whatever they used to administer. I searched around inside my head and when I found him, I held on tight. I dint want to be alone.

“Good, that should to it. Just leave now and we’ll see the effect” I sighed as the humans clad I white started to file out of the room. They were always testing out what ever new thing they had on me. Because of the way they made me I could withstand more than all their other samples. I was made with blood from as many different supernaturals as they could fine but only three were prominent although I had never experienced them.

I heard the heart monitor beside me pick up before its beeping became erratic. I close around as my heart trashed around inside my chest. Like a warrior it tried to fight off whatever they injected me with. I felt my powers for the first time every swirl around trying to help but I knew the better.

This was the last time for me. I pictured the red haired honey eyes boy in my head and held his image as I closed my hazy eyes for the last time ever. I though of Caden in the cell, banging against the door and sent him a silent goodbye. I also thought of the boy. I held his image till I sank into near unconsciousness. As the heart monitor gave it last erratic beep, I let the image go and sent with a silent good bye. I mage have hated him but in a way he still saved me.