Chapter 18

For the past week, the midnight pack has been shrouded in a dark cloud, with lightening raining down, constantly. Bane had been passed out for the same week and christien had remained glued to his side since them. Even though he was conscious, he looked comatose, laying beside bane with tears running down his cheeks.

“Baby, you need to eat. Even though your a werewolf, there’s only a certain amount of time you can go without food”

“I’m just not hungry papa” christien replied, not bothering to remove his face fro Bane’s chest.

“You need to try baby. Do you think that both Bane and Caden would like to see you like this?” his papa asked, striking a nerve. Slowly, christien dragged himself away from his comatose mate and towards his papa.

“I just want them back papa!” he sobbed before launching himself at his papa and crying his heart out.

“I know baby. We have a team tracking them down and I’m doing more research on the whole full moon thing. At least they didn’t take bane back with them” his papa replied, stroking christien's back.

“Have you found anything?”

“A few thing. The purple moon won’t happen for another year or so, so that should give us enough time to sort things out. Since, your dad and I as well as yourself and bane are royal wolves, we will obviously feel the pull and it could be potentially dangerous” christien’s papa answered, urging christien to eat some food.

“How was the meeting you and dad went to?”

“oh, we went back to where the blue crescent used to be to inform, them of what was going on. We’re just sorry that your son and mate was taken on the day that we decided to make the trip, baby” christien’s papa answered, apologising to christien and stroking his hair.

“It’s okay, papa. I just want them to come back safely” christien replied putting down the bowl of food they held without even taking ten bites.

Last week, rouges suspected to be working with the human organization, that held bane and Caden captive, broke into pack grounds and attacked christien’s adopted son and his vampire playmate Evan.

Bane and christien had arrived at the scene in enough time to fight off and rescue the two boys. The rouges suddenly retreated though and someone else entered the scene. Bane was standing beside a naked christien, the two boys in his arms. Before the newcomer made it to the fight scene, bane and christien could feel the magnitude of magic emanating off him. They both knew that they couldn’t rival the amount of magic the person had.

However, they never got to see the person; their magic seemed to come from everywhere. It hit christien and bane so hard and fast, they didn’t have enough time to shield themselves before they were knocked out by a solid mass of darkness. Their pain seemed t double as they felt the impact of the magic on not just themselves but on each other as well through the link.

When christien came to a few minutes later, Caden and Evan were gone and bane didn’t wake up no matter how much he begged him. The link between them was still strong and he would sometimes, feel a tug on the link.

His parents came back a few hours after the incident to find the pack compound covered in a rain of lightning and thunder as their son lost all sense and sensibility over his unresponsive mate.

“What about the trackers?” christien asked, climbing back into bane’s bed?

“they followed the scent of the magic as far as the edge of our territory but it seemed to disappear after that”

“What are we going to do about the humans, martins is working with papa? What bane never wakes up? What if Caden and Evan can’t be found? Papa what am I going to do if I lose them both?” christien asked, tears spilling down his eyes, and near hysteria.

“Baby, you won’t them any good, if you make yourself ill! Your dad is calling a summit meeting”

“What!” christien asked? Immediately thrown out of his hysteria. A summit meeting meant that the entire alpha’s of any pack there is has to attend as well as any other high ranking supernatural, from fearie to vampire to warlock. “Why would he do that? Where would they stay?”

“Let’s just say that all the hotels and B and Bs and hotels in the area will be getting a lot of business soon some more houses are being put up in the compound.  But you father feels like these humans are spiting his family by kidnapping his unofficial grandson and hospitalizing his son-in-law and your grandfather completely agrees. So do I baby? Besides, we need to see if any of the people we rescued belong to another pack or coven before initiate them into our pack. It’s also common courtesy to let all the others know what’s going on”

“But a summit meeting, papa the humans are bound to notice something with so many strong as well as their mates and guards. Case face it, no alpha is going anywhere without his mate or someone to protect his mate. It’s just too risky papa; can’t he just call a mass Skype thing?” christien complained, tucking himself into his comatose mate’s side and peeking out at his papa’s solemn face.

“Baby, we have to face the possibility that soon and very soon, the existence of supernaturals won’t be a secret anymore. We have had a secret liaison with humans for a long time now, but for them to kidnap and torture and experiment with our own, his just insulting and not deserving of our trust or forgiveness in this. And your father although peaceful and thoughtful won’t let this go” care anymore.

“You know what? I don’t want my babies back” christien muttered, tucking his head into the crook of bane’s neck, as his papa rose from his chair and left the room.

He knew that the supernatural world had some sort of liaison with humans and often did business with them especially vampire clans that needed blood and hunting grounds. But to think that his dad was thinking of making the existence of supernaturals known to humans meant that something was going to happen and very soon. But he trusted his parents and he knew that whatever decision they made would e the right one.

That night, the purple moon rose into the night sky.

not as much content as i usually write but i hope its okay. i have exams in a few weeks so i'll be really scarce cause i have to revise and all, but i'll try to have something up.

hope you enjoy it and imbox and comment for anything. i love ur comments.