chapter 10

*Bane’s POV*

He stayed. After what I did to him he came back to me. Why? I wouldn’t come back. I stared at his sleeping face, feeling a sense of calm wash over me. I felt safe. He had his face in the crook of my shoulders exposing his neck to me. All of my senses screamed for me to mark him as mine.

Bending lower I ran my nose along his neck from his shoulders to the shell of his ears. His body gave a shudder as I drew his sent in. He smelt like sunshine. I didn’t know what sunshine smelt like but I liked to think that if I knew what it smells like, this would be it. I could smell a bit of pine on him leading me to believe that he’d been I contact with Caden.

My mind flashed back to earlier in the day when he was leaving. I had panicked when I opened m eyes to see him walking away from me. I wanted to always be with him. He couldn’t leave me. A growl ripped through me at the thought and my nose flared out.

The smell of arousal hit my nose and I looked down to see my mate was still asleep. the scent swelled and he gave a little whimper in his sleep that went straight to my groin. With the scent came the pulse of blood in the vein visible in his neck.

Suddenly my throat felt dry and itchy. My eyes were glued to the pulsing vein and my mates soft mewling and the scent of his arousal did nothing for my sanity. I didn’t know what was wrong with me but I had the strangest need to taste him. I wanted to know the taste of his blood.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was running my teeth along his neck where my nose had just been tracing. This time, the only scent that filled my nose was the scent of his blood pulsing. It was calling to me. There was a dull ache in my guns and I ran my tongue over my teeth, trying to dull it. I jumped a little when I pricked my tongue in my teeth. I ran my fingers over them and found my canines had extended. They felt like they were beating.

My mate gave another soft little mewl and rolled his lips dry humping my erection. Before I knew what I was doing, I had my extended canines buried in his soft neck and his blood was flowing down my throat, soothing the itch. I savoured the sweet taste of his blood in my mouth and when he woke with a start, his heart beat quicken, increasing the rush of blood into my mouth.

His heart beat was erratic in his chest and he was pushing on my thick shoulders, his eyes pleading for me to let go. I couldn’t let go, I just started at him as I continued to suck on the sweet and succulent life sustaining fluid. As if seeing that pushing was helping, he calmed down and just rested his hand on my shoulders. After a few minutes of lying like that, I was finally able to let go of his neck. When I removed my lips, the smell of his blood wafted in to the air.  I looked down to see him sigh and rest his head back on the pillow.

Down that the itch in my throat was gone my groin was aching with how hard I suddenly was. The need for release came to the fore front of my mind and it didn’t help that my mates breath became shallow and the scent of arousal mixed with that’s of his blood was creating and interesting scent that was driving me wild.

I kept looking at him as blood flowed down his neck from the bite wound on his neck. I knew I could close it with a lick but I like the new scent it created mixed with his arousal so I left it instead I continued to look at him. Waiting for him to open to big amber orbs. Slowly, he open them and his pupils were full blown. They knocked the breath out of me.

“Thanks” he whispered, his hands still resting on my shoulders. I continued to look at him, drinking in his features. His red hair, his beautiful skin, those lips. I ran fingers through said hair as I shifted, pressing my erection against his and I couldn’t help the small smile that crossed my lips at his little grunt of pleasure and the way he eyes closed briefly.

I had to taste him. Leaning down, I captured his pink lips in a kiss. I just pressed m lips against his, waiting for him to protest but he didn’t. His heartbeat just quickened making the blood flowing through his wound to flow quicker.

I deepened the kiss and in seconds his body relaxed beneath mine and he was kissing me back. I didn’t even have to ask or prompt him to open his mouth before his tongue was flicking across my lower lip.  Catching the wet muscle between my teeth, I lightly nicked it with my teeth, breaking the surface. His grip on my shoulder increased and his body jolted as I sucked on the tongue simultaneously drawing a moan from him as well as his blood into my mouth.

When I let go of his tongue, I plunged my tongue into his mouth and tasted every bit of his mouth. I ran my tongue on the roof of his mouth and his hips jerked. He gave a little whimper I broke the kiss, and went back to the bite on his neck.  My tongue followed the trail of the blood as licked across his neck. When I got back to the wound, I clamped my mouth over the bite and started to suck.

“Oh my god . . . hmmmnnn” his body went wild and he started rubbing against me. His arms wrapped around my neck urging me to continue. My body was awash with heat as I ran my tongue over the wound, closing it. His grinding was getting me to and I started moving, grinding against him. His moans were ringing my ears and wanted to swallow them. So I did. I kissed him and he kissed me back. His fingers massaging my scalp as we ground against each other. Another nip on his tongue and he came with a shudder. I was only seconds behind him as I rubbed out my orgasm against him.

His eyes slowly opened when we both came down from our ride and I looked at the slightly dilated amber eyes. he moved his hand from my hair and an his fingers under my eyes. Tracing my features. Is eyes was closing as sleep was closing in on him. His fingers leaving a trail of heat and pleasure behind as they travelled across my features.

My insides felt strangely warm as I looked at him. I closed my eyes and savoured the feeling. Nobody has ever looked at me like that. Touched me with such tenderness.

“What’s your name?”  I asked him. I wanted to put a name to the face that has haunted me for so long.

“Christien, you?” his eyes were closed and his fingers dropped from my face but I held them as I watch him sleep.  I didn’t have name. Not a proper one anyway. I only knew the code they used for me.

“Bane” I whispered into his ears. As I settled back down beside him to sleep, the petit lady that shot me earlier poked her head into the room. I growled at her in warning not to touch my mate as her eyes scanned him. It seemed that whatever she saw satisfied her cause she sent me an apologetic look and walked back out closing the door behind her.