Chapter 4

JENNA'S POV:

"Ethan, we've been kidnapped!". The realization was still hitting me.

"Yeah. I don't know. I don't know what the hell is going on, but....we gotta get OUT of here.", he said. He seemed confused and flustered.

He frantically looked around the room. Stared at some areas. Looked around some more. Then looked back at me. He shrugged his shoulders and came in for a hug. "I'm sorry. I thought we were free. I thought we made it. We're still in HELL and you're here because of me, and you don't deserve any of this. I'm so so sorry Jenna. I'll do whatever I can to get you out of here. I'll do anything. You've got to get out of here. Those men...I don't know what their idea of "fun" is, but it doesn't sound good. So just think. Think hard. We have to think up a plan. An escape. We have to watch them. Watch their movements if and when they come back in here. We have to outsmart them. You've got to get home. We've got to get out." he babbled as he held me in his arms.

I wished he didn't feel so bad for me. He sure was a huggy person. Which I liked...but the things he said were soooo nice. So romantic, almost. The way he said them...it almost seemed like we were "together".

And when he'd touch me...it was like being touched...being held for the first time ever. Nothing felt better.

I really liked him. So even though hearing the things he said was great, it made me sad that he was only saying them because I saved him and he felt bad for me.

I wished it was different. I wished I was "fancy" like my BFF Brooke. I wish he liked ME instantly, like I did him.

There my mind went again....thinking weird, unrelated things in a terrible situation! What is WRONG with me? I've never been this....scattered.

Maybe it's him. Maybe he does this to me. It must be him.

Well, if I'm kidnapped, I can't think of anyone better to be kidnapped with, I suppose?

Now it would be great if I lived through it in the first place....

"Ethan, stop feeling sorry for me. I tried to help you. I didn't call 911 when I should have. It was my stupidity. None of this is your fault. I could have left. I didn't. It's my fault. Just don't feel bad for me.

We'll get through this. We'll find a way. Think up a plan. I don't know. Just don't pity me anymore. You don't even know me. It's ok. I know you're sorry. I know you feel bad. I know you want to protect me because I helped you. It's alright, though. Just look out for yourself. I'll be fine...."

He stopped hugging me and started slowing backing away. When we were finally face to face again, he looked at me with a strange look in his eyes. Like I'd just killed his puppy or something.

I couldn't look at him anymore, so I looked at my knees as I sat up on them.

Maybe I was rude. I didn't think I said anything rude...but it sure seems like I hurt him somehow.

Shit. I suck.

I should have just gone on with the way he was treating me. Like a loving girlfriend who he's loved for ever. It was a great feeling.

I just like being treated REAL in life. I don't want fake. From anyone. He doesn't have to act like he likes me sooo much. I saved him. Ok. I get it. He's appreciative. He's just too.....sensitive about it.

I don't know. I can't explain it. I just suck. That's all I can explain.

I finally looked up and ended the awkward silence. He was still looking right at me. Still had that hurt look in his eyes. Did they seem wetter this time? Ahh, it's just me. Sucking. As usual.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you to treat me any better or different because I tried to help you. That's all."

Now, I apparently sucked even MORE, because his look got more like I killed his whole LITTER of puppies, and he turned away and went to his side of the bed and layed down and stared at the ceiling.

I didn't know what else to do. Sitting there up on my knees. In my underwear and tank top. Hair a bird nest mess all over me...in a life or death situation....with a great, sweet, hot guy....

So I layed down on my side of the bed, and stared at the ceiling along with him.

Ethan'S POV:

I just finished trying to tell this girl how sorry I am, and how things seemed really bad, and I tried to make her feel what I felt inside, with my hug...and all she thinks is that I'm being nice to her. Acting nice to her because I feel like I owe her my life, I suppose. I don't know exactly what she meant with that little desperate ramble, but it seems like she doesn't think I actually LIKE LIKE her.

She thinks I just like her as a person who almost laid down her life for me.

That hurt.

It hurt because I know what she's ACTUALLY trying to say. It's a cover up speech for "stop being all over me, because you're icky and I don't like you like that. We're just friends."

I know how it really is.

Well, either it's a "stay away from me" excuse, or she really does think I'm just caring for her because she helped me.

But either way...that hurt. It wasn't what I was expecting.

I was expecting "Right...let's do this. Let's look for a weak spot in a wall. Let's find something to wedge the door so we can open it....". Something!

Pshhh. Women. Always thinking too much.

Ok. I'll stay away. I'll stop being a creepster.

Got it.

Stupid red hair and pale skin. And what manly man has freckles? Maybe if I had my guitar on my back...THEN she'd like my attention. Women always do.