Writing a Song

• - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • -•

After Austin left a few days after the surprise visit, each day became mundane again. Day after day Taylor went to the studio, coming home often tired but always made time to teach me some new song she wrote. One day, she came home with red eyes and an uncontrollable runny nose. I jumped up from the sofa and pulled her to the best spot with cushions and blankets. "Oh, Jules..." she cried into my hair. Mom came out of the kitchen with a plate of cookies but dropped them on the coffee table and came rushing over to Taylor. "What happened?" we asked.

"I... I was on the computer during my lunch time, and I chanced upon this blog... It was written by a mom, whose little boy had cancer, and he... He... Died," she bawled. I was stricken as well, and hugged her, burrowing into her shirt. She smelled so good, and a faint trace of Wonderstruck was still lingering on her. "Oh, sweetie," Mom whispered and held her close. We sat there for a while, silently praying for this boy's family. "You could write a song," I said tentatively after a long silence.

"I can, and I will," Taylor said, standing up. "Now, where's that MacBook..." she muttered, searching her bag. Mom looked at me, one eyebrow raised, and I giggled. This was definitely the same Taylor we know.

"Taylor, you don't need your Mac to write songs!" I whined pathetically half an hour later. Taylor usually let me play on her Mac but today she was especially intent on keeping it on her lap. "Jules!" she sighed, exasperated. She ran her fingers through her beautiful blonde hair and pushed me towards my room. "Go do your homework!" she ordered. "I'm homeschooled, Tay," I shook my head. "Ughhhh!" she groaned. "Juliette, I'm trying to track down this boy's mom, alright? Now go away!" she took off to the living room.

• - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - - - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - •

Sorry for the short chapter. But I think this story isn't getting many reads, so I'm considering deleting it. :(

See ya, Kels :)