Ronan

• - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - •

"Hello, is that Miss Maya Thompson?"

A crackling reply was heard on the other side. Taylor held her phone close to her ear, while Mom sat next to her and I paced the living room. "Hey there. I'm Taylor Swift," Taylor continued. "I read your blog and I'm so so so sorry about Ronan. I cried." I took to the armchair and waited. "Yes. Yep. Will you give me permission to perform a song I wrote about him? Is there any place I can perform?" Taylor asked. There was a scream on the other side. Taylor held the phone away. "Stand up to Cancer 2012? That's great. Sure. I'll call you again, soon. Okay? Bye!"

"I remember your bare feet down the hallway, I remember your little laugh..." I sat backstage on a couch, next to Mom and Dad. Taylor was on stage with Grant (her guitar player) and Amos (her drummer) performing Ronan. I wriggled around a little and watched Taylor. She was dressed in a short sleeved red dress and had tied her hair back into a ponytail. She sat on a stool with her microphone, and that's all she neede- wait. Is Tay tearing up? Oh gosh, not now, in the middle of a performance!! I glanced at Mom, who was crying too. Was the world mourning? They probably were. I felt guilty for not feeling so deeply affected by this song. Feeling a little self conscious, I sniffled a bit to show that I wasn't that heartless.

Finally, the song was over. Taylor came towards us and enveloped us into a group hug while breaking down. Grant and Amos looked visibly shaken, and gave each other a pat on the back. "He's in a good place, man," Amos said to a silent Grant. He nodded. Dad let a few tears run. Eventually, we hustled into the car and drove home in silence. Grant and Amos opted to take the bus. It was a pretty glum day especially after dinner, when Mom and Dad broke the news.

• - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - •

Muahahahahaha! Cliff hanger!

I would appreciate it if you leave a comment on my story so I know how I'm doing.

And I may or may not delete, it depends on you all...

Speak Now guitar picks and flying sparks,

Kelly xoxo