Ch. 1: Frogs

Hey everyone! kaburnicas here! I told you there would be a reader x Megumin fanfic and here it is! As usual,  I try my best to follow the storyline, I  hope you like it! Enjoy!

~~~

(f/n) first name
(l/n) last name
(u/n) username/gamer name
(g/n) game name

Well, this sucks
you think to yourself.
Second quest in my new life I get eaten by a friggin frog.

Suddenly, you feel the frog start to swallow something else, and you soon see

nothing.
It's too dark inside the frogs stomach, you can't see a thing. You soon feel the small body forced into the frogs stomach with you and hear someone shout

"MEGUMIIIIN!"

It is muffled but you think that is the girl's(?) name.

"You Megumin?" you ask.

You hear a chuckle.

"Yes, I am the crimson demon Megumin, master of explosions!" Megumin said, and judging by her voice, she was a girl who was probably about 13-14 years old.

"Cool,  I am (y/n), and I am in a frog. Nice to meet you."

"Eh? That's it? No Awe or anything?"

"Well, we both are in a frog right now, so not really concerned with awe, just trying to get out of here."

Just as you say that, a sword cuts into the frogs stomach, freeing both you and Megumin. You look up and see a boy with messy brown hair and a tracksuit. You look around and see Megumin for the first time, and you instantly blush. She is around 4 feet tall with a red cape and witch hat with yellow triangles I'm a ring around the base, and two yellow circles that made the hat look like a face. She wore a red shield-shapes eye patch with a white cross over her right eye, and her other eye was a deep crimson, leading you to assume her covered eye matched the color. She had short black hair, with two long locks stretching down to her shoulders from behind her ears.

"Hey, um, thanks for getting me out of there I'm (f/n)(l/n)"

The boy recognizes your voice

"Wait, (u/n)?"

"How do you know that name?"

"We played (g/n) together,  remember? We fought that lich king together"

"Wait, you're kazu9891?"

"Yeah, but my real name is Kazuma. So, you get reborn in the parallel world too?"

"Yeah. How'd you bite it?"

"Let's have that conversation later. It's a long story."

"Hey, this this your party?" you ask, looking at Megumin and the blue-haired goddess behind her, and recognize her as Aqua, the goddess who you met in the afterlife.

"And you scored a goddess! Nice! I am definitely joining your party now!"

"I dragged her along for being a jerk. She is pretty useless"

"WHAT WAS THAT YOU SH-NEET?!?"

"And she's moody"

"How was she a jerk?"

"She made fun of how I lived, as a shut in"

You and Kazuma looked each other in the eye, before you both gave each other a firm handshake, both of you crying silent tears of understanding the pain you have both been through.