Ch. 4: Darkness and Light

Okay short intro again.
Hey everyone! kaburnicas here! Part 4 lez go!
Enjoy!

~~~

"Okay, so who is the new member?" you ask, looking over at the armor-clad blonde. You still were in bed, being cuddled by Megumin, and everyone else had chairs around the bed. She stands up suddenly, knocking over her chair in the process.

"I am Darkness, and I am a crusader and I am really excited to work with you!"
You look over to Kazuma

"What's the catch?"

"She can't hit anything. Ever"

"Is that even possible?"

"I've witnessed it. She is also a masochist"
You look over to the blond knight, only to see her holding her cheeks squirming with a lewd face.

"Aah, Kazuma you are as harsh as ever"

"Okay, I'm freaked out now. Anybody else freaked out a bit? I am very freaked out"
Kazuma rests his hand on your shoulder and looks you in the eye, which is a little difficult due to the head with explosions and you on it all the time.

"You get used to it"

~Time skip brought by Aquas' stupidity~

"Hello quest board" you say, looking up at the wooden board as Megumin clings to your arm, looking for a quest as well.

"It sure has been a while,
(f/n).How have you been?" you turn around to find the woman who assigned quests in her normal booth.

"I've been well. Especially seeing how I was stabbed" Megumin grips you tighter at the mention of you incident

"Mine" she states firmly, causing both you and the woman in the booth to giggle.

"I know, and I love you" you comfort her, kissing her on her head in the process. Kazuma walks up to you and smiles at your affection with the small demon.

"Hey, find anything good?"

"No not yet. Although this one is helping me look" you say, patting Megumin on the head with your free hand. She looks up at you and smiles.

"Mine"
You smile and look up at the quest board once again. Suddenly, Megumin reaches out and grabs a quest.

"Kazuma Kazuma!"

"Hai Kazuma desu"

"Look at this one! It says we just have to break some wall"
Kazuma takes the quest from her and looks at it.

"All we have to is 'break the fourth wall'"
Aqua, who came over with Kazuma, looks at the sheet.

"And it has a nice reward"

~~~

After going up and accepting the quest, Darkness asks a fairly important question.

"Where is this wall we need to break?"
You and Kazuma looked at each other and grin.

"The 'fourth wall' isn't a literal wall. It means when a character in a story realizes that they are in a story and become self conscious"

"So all we have to do is realize we are fictional characters in a fictional story? So, how do we do that?"
You and Kazuma looked at Aqua.

"You know, your stupidity never ceases to amaze me" Kazuma voices your thoughts.

"LIKE YOU SHOULD BE TALKING YOU SH-NEET!"
you sigh, and start to walk out, but it is difficult since Megumin is still latched onto your arm.
"Well, let's go do it then!" you say, drawing Aquas' attention away from Kazuma.
"Yes, let's go!"

~~~

Heey everyone! So, this chapter turned out pretty good for being rushed. Also, set up for my first time breaking the fourth wall! It is easier to do that with Konosuba since it is very free roam. Don't worry, I will still stick to them main story, but let me have my freedom! Anyway, thanks for reading! Be sure to comment freely and tell me what you liked and didn't like, as well as who else you want to see me do! Love y'all!

-kaburnicas