Ch. 6: a shop to work

You lay in bed, eyes red from crying after remembering and telling how your mom died.
You feel a small warmth as Megumin cuddles up to you.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asks, squeezing you

"I'm. . . I'm not sure" you reply.

"I'm here for you. I don't know what you're going through, but I'm here for you"
You roll over, and hug her back.

"Thanks. . ." You smile at her with a little less sadness. You stay like that as the sun sinks below the horizon, comforting each other.

All of a sudden, you hear a child's laugh. You know Megumin heard it, having jumped at the same time as you.

"M-Megu?" You ask as you feel her squeeze you tighter, burying her face into your back.

"(F-f/n)?" You feel her small, warm body vibrate as she trembles. You try to get her to loosen up a bit so you can roll over and hug her back, but she only squeezes you tighter.

"Hey, you okay?" You ask, concerned.

". . . Scared" she mumbles

You manage to twist around in Megumins arms and hug her.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you" you tell her as you hold her head, stroking her hair to comfort her as the night turn to morning.

~~~

"Morning Megumin" you smile at her as she cuddles up to you, groaning.

"Mmmmmmm" she groans back to you, and you laugh.

"There's still a lot of this place we haven't explored yet, wanna explore with me?"

She nods groggily. You explore, finding baths, bathrooms and bedrooms.

"Here's a new one!" Megumin says, running ahead of you to the unopened door, throwing it open only to be assaulted by a cloud of dust, causing her to cough.

"You okay?" You ask her as you put your arm around her.

"Y-yeah" she nods back, and walks Foreward as you follow.

You both walk into the large room and look in amazement at the shelves of books that lined the walls.

"I think we found the library" You say, picking up a dusty old book that looked to be abandoned for years.

"Reader x Toga, by Sha-something" you read aloud, the rest of the name to faded to be read.
Then you saw it, a small room on the other side of the library. You rushed in and found it enjoy except for some old scrap metal and an old desk.

"This is perfect! Yes!" You party, pumping your fist in the air.

You started to tinker a bit, making something that resembled a large toilet paper holder.

"For blueprints and designing paper" you said to Megumin, who you heard walk up behind you.

"What's this room? Or rather, what are you using it for? Research to make a better explosion?"

You laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Kinda Megu, kinda" you say, looking into the small room with the small girl clutching your arm. "Welcome, Megumin, to Jurassic Pa- I mean my workshop!"

~~~

A workshop! I wonder what you'll make in there? Well I already know what do you think? Thanks for reading! Love y'all!

-kaburnicas

Explosive Feelings (Reader x Megumin)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें