1-2

Chapter 1: Day before Eschatology

Idiot! Chu Han cursed in his mind.

Who was it?! The shouting was bound to attract zombies!

Stop shouting!

Chu Hans eyes shot open. His pupils gleamed with a brutal light, and the savagery contained within them was more than enough to silence any man.

However, a few moments later, the killing intent in his eyes was replaced by a look of astonishment.

There was no dusky sky overhead, and no mangled corpses were in sight. Chu Han couldnt smell the strong, metallic odor of blood, nor could he hear the zombies bestial roars.

Warm sunshine shone through the clear window. There were four beds and one square table. Two university students wearing plaid shirts were chatting animatedly in front of their computers, their hands tapping the keyboard and mouse every so often.

The sight of the room he hadn't seen for ten years shocked Chu Hans eyes. Dirty clothes littered the floor, and smelly noodle boxes were stacked high, forming a reeking tower.

The disorderly mess was nostalgic, and a flood of memories came rushing in.

Fang Rong, Deng Weibo... my former college roommates.

"Whats wrong with you? Did you sleep too much?" Deng Weibo, who was seated opposite Chu Han, raised his head. He was a common-looking fellow with a pair of thick-lensed glasses. Although he had managed to activate his latent supernatural power, he was killed in a zombie attack.

"Chu Han woke up?" Fang Rong asked, his eyes still glued to the monitor. "Just quit, man. You lost again!" Fang Rong pressed Q several times. Chu Han remembered him as a somewhat boorish person, and he, too, had been slain in the same zombie attack.

Chu Han rubbed his eyes hard and attempted to grasp the current situation. An almost inconceivable thought rose up in his mind, causing him to tremble with agitation.

'Could it be... that I have traveled ten years back into the past? Yes, at that time there were no zombies, and the three of them were still alive!'

Fang Rong switched off the computer monitor. "Chu Han," he said, turning to face him, "Deng Weibo and I will leave now. It is almost ten oclock. Deng, you should hurry up or we'll miss our flight."

'Ten oclock? Flight?' Chu Han's heart lurched. 'What was the date?'

Chu Han sprang up from the bed and pushed Deng Weibo off the computer.

He moved the mouse and clicked the calendar icon on the lower righthand corner.

"What're you doing?" Deng Weibo shouted. "Hey, it's mine!"

Chu Han turned a deaf ear to him. His only focus was the date displayed on the calendar.

10:00 AM, 5/7/2015.

'Damn, it's this late!'

The first phase of the apocalypsewould begin tomorrow. At 6 AM, the world would be shrouded in darkness, and the sun would rise at noon. After these six hours, the world would be plunged into chaos. It would take a mere six hours to render humanity's progress obsolete.