5-6

Chapter 5: You Will Be Killed If You Keep Yelling

At this moment, the scenery outside was extremely tragic. The few vehicles on the road were wreckages with smoke billowing out from them. Dead bodies littered the street, and the pavement was covered with blood.

Chu Han was lucky that he was the first person to escape. The road was free of obstructions, and he encountered relatively few zombies. Although there were several instances where he was chased by a small pack of zombies, he dealt with them swiftly without slowing down.

Chu Han glanced at the dashboard. He frowned when he saw the fuel meter; the car was running out of petrol.

Where was the petrol station? Over the past ten years, he'd forgotten Mingqiu city's layout, so he chose to head for the national highway. Generally speaking, lots of petrol stations were situated on the highway.

Chu Han put his foot down on the accelerator, a sense of impatience welling up within him. His lack of time was one of his biggest worries.

He found a station less than 5 kilometers along the highway. Chu Han narrowed his eyes slightly upon noticing the store was locked. This kind of store was usually open for 24 hours; it being locked was obviously the work of another human.

Opposite the station was an internet cafe, around which a group of zombies was gathered, crowding around a corpse. Due to the work of the zombies' sharp teeth and claws, the body no longer looked human. The undead feasted on the organs and viscera with great relish.

Sometimes, bright red blood would spurt upwards, and the zombies relegated to the outer circle would rush towards the blood and lick it off the pavement stones. The sound of Chu Han's vehicle prompted the ravenous zombies to lock on to a new target. They rushed towards the vehicle without thinking.

The zombie pack was terrifying to behold, with shreds of flesh and gristle stuck in between their fangs.

They howled with excitement as they ran towards him. Chu Han could see every crease on their dirty, contorted faces from this distance. Their white pupil-less eyes were filled with savagery as they lurched forwards.

Chu Han remained unfazed as he turned the car around, slamming into the zombie group. As he accelerated, the zombies were sent flying!

*Bang! Bang! Bang!*

There were four survivors in the store, and all of them were too terrified to investigate the source of the noise.

A huge cross-country vehicle rolled over the zombies, and dark rotten meat paste coated the vehicle.

One zombie after another was crushed to paste rapidly, and soon only pale, rancid bodies were left on the road. The undead felt neither fear nor pain, and although many of them had sustained gruesome injuries, they still attempted to rush towards the vehicle. Some zombies with crushed limbs dragged their body and crawled towards the G55, leaving trails of pulped flesh and red blood behind them.

Understandably, the four people inside the petrol station were shocked. After all, who would have the balls to fight against a small pack of zombies with merely a car when the eruption occurred only an hour ago?

Fortunately, the G55 was a high-quality vehicle. The majority of the zombies were mangled as a result of slamming into the car.

"Who is that?" muttered a balding middle-aged man. He was Fan Wei, a staff member of the petrol station.

The other two were a couple. The twenty-year-old youth was called Zhang Ziyu, while the heavily made-up girl, who appeared to be in her late teens, was called Gu Xiaotong.