Sightseeings

Around the mid lunar of December, Lin Zhefeng sent a letter, telling he would arrive home in a few days. The old couple beamed with delight, busily preparing for their son's homecoming, like bacon, sausage, slaughtered chicken and pig. Bai Jing was so envious, later learning that Lin Zhefeng was not Lin's own son, but their feelings were better than a biological's, better than he who might as well never had a father. 

Lin Zhefeng was adopted by the Lin's when he was six years old. His parents died early, and he had been pushed between relatives one after another with no one that would care.  The old married couple took pity on him, and decided to adopt he who could fill their emptiness. They meant to have a grandson, yet the six year old Zhefeng already had his own idea. He remembered that his own grandparents did not want him, dooming him to call the old couple father and mother. The old married couple felt helpless, but also more dearly loved the child. Let it be father and mother, the idea to have a son was good, and over ten years flew by. 

Lin Zhefeng was also promising. With a stubborn spirit, he graduated from their town school, took an exam to get to the H City School of Medicine and was a sensation in their village for a long time. When his own bad relatives tried to stick with him, they were all been chased away by Lin Zhefeng. The child knew precisely who to love or hate. Bai Jing agreed with that. As long as his mind was not paste, protecting and saving the Lin couple should be much easier in the apocalypse.

In fact, he really was a selfish person. He was thinking about helping the two Elder Lin's, but he was afraid. He was afraid of the Lin's unconditional kindness. When they saw any individuals and wanted to save them, what would he do with them then?

Bai Jing respected them very much and would try to change their thinking. But if it still did not work, Bai Jing indeed would give up.  He cherished the reborn life, and although he would be friends with the Lin couple, other people's life and death had nothing to do with him. He would not put any mind on rescue. This world was full of human beings, and no one could save them all. But with Lin Zhefeng's clear mind, the old couple should not be confused.

At lunar December 19th, the sky was full of snowflakes, the mountain all white. Lin Zhefeng wore a thick fur coat, carrying several big parcels as he stumbled back home.  He showed no surprise when saw guests at home. He smiled and greeted, quickly going to find his father and mother. 

The old couple was so happy, quickly pulling him near the fire for warmth, looking at their son non-stop, busily judging his appearance. Anyways, the house was full of joy, as if they had lots to talk about. Bai Jing did not disturb them, and since he had nothing else to do, he then prepared a meal in the kitchen. After a few months of training, his cooking was not comparable to the past, and around an hour later, a full course meal was ready.  。

During the meal, Lin Zhefeng also brought out a lot of gifts, not only for the old married couple, but even prepared some for the three of them. Bai Jing felt ashamed; he had come to the Lin's for so long and did not bring anything for them. There had always been someone to give him gifts, but as for gifts to others, he seemed to have never thought about it. 

While chatting, Lin Zhefeng promised to take the couple sightseeing in the city. The old couple lived in the mountains their whole lives, and now that he had good fortune, he also wanted to bring the couple's insight. He also persuaded Bai Jing to stop staying close to home. The power of  internal force did not excel overnight; haste makes waste, also advising him to go out and move around. 

Bai Jing put on a bitter smile. He was not pushy to practice since the outbreak time was approaching. His psychic power progressed slowly, so how could he not worry. He had already decided, if the dimension still could not be loaded with living things after another three months  that he would have to redo another plan.