130

After meeting up with Wu Guoan and others, the two of them did not linger for long, only ordering them to be careful before rushing back to the Capital Base. They travelled day and night, and the journey that clearly should've taken seven days only took two and a half days to complete.

They bypassed the checkpoint, and Bai Jing pulled Xiao Sa with him as they teleported straight to the villa. That afternoon, the two of them made it a point to wander around the base. After all, this was their best alibi.

Bai Jingcheng and He Yong jumped up in surprise when they received the news. Bai Jingcheng was surprised, while He Yong was delighted.

Ever since Bai Jing had arrived at the Capital, Bai Jingcheng just felt haggard, like he didn't have enough brainpower on hand. He was afraid that his son would cause trouble that he couldn't solve. Or worse, maybe he had already caused it, but Bai Jingcheng couldn't find any evidence. He couldn't publicly investigate it and could only feel nervous. As soon as he heard that his son had appeared in the base, his first reaction was to be on alert as he secretly hoped that nothing serious would happen again.

After waiting for three days without discovering anything wrong, Bai Jingcheng was a little relieved, but he was unaware that there was still a great surprise waiting for him later.

He Yong came to the villa that evening, his heart full of agitation. He knew that if there hadn't been any harvest, the two of them definitely wouldn't have made such a public appearance. However, he was also worried since it had only been such a short period of time. Had they really succeeded? The giant amount of pleasant surprise he felt made everything seem unbelievable, and even though he knew that the two of them wouldn't let him down, he couldn't help but be nervous before seeing the fruits of their efforts. His heart was filled with ups and downs out of fear that anything unexpected might crop up. He was too worried about his personal gains and losses.

It wasn't until Bai Jing piled up the weapons in front of him and filled up the entire room that He Yong woke up from his daze and pulled himself out of his nervous mood. He instantly returned to his usual calm and turned his head to face Bai Jing's bland gaze that seemed to have seen right through him.

He Yong didn't keep up his arrogance and felt no embarrassment as he met his gaze frankly and said, "Apologies. I let you see me make a fool out of myself."

Bai Jing pouted and looked at him in disdain. He was already used to He Yong's pretentiousness and false fronts, so he raised his eyebrows and said, "Is this already enough to satisfy you? The rest is still in my space. Do you want me to bring it out for you to see?"

He Yong's eyes shone even brighter. He pretended not to have heard Bai Jing's mockery and laughed as he said, "It seems that I'm going to have to trouble you. I'll have someone come over and fetch everything later."

Bai Jing harrumphed and didn't reply. He Yong continued, "Relax. The people who will come are definitely reliable and won't leak out any information."

After Bai Jing heard these words, he finally nodded. He could still be considered quite tolerant towards his allies.

The three of them chatted for a few minutes, and He Yong tentatively asked about the situation at the military factory. He didn't get any response and immediately changed the topic.

Bai Jing was very satisfied with He Yong's self-aware behaviour. He and Xiao Sa  had already discussed it between them and decided to conceal the matter of the zombie army in the military factory. The people who had gone to the military factory this time had definitely suffered heavy losses, which would leave everyone with the impression that it was a dangerous place of death. Only when people were full of fear in their hearts would they feel afraid, and only then would people stop risking their lives there. Although he didn't have much of a connection to those zombies, he also didn't want people to go and disturb them. He hoped that by doing this, the zombies could be restored to the peace they desired.