103

"You... You, let me go! Do you know who I am?" The man cried out in pain. The expressions of the mercenaries beside him shifted slightly, but strangely, no one came to his rescue.

Bai Jing curled his lip and swept a cold gaze around him. His eyes were contemptuous, and his posture was arrogant, but even before he could take action, Xiao Sa had already removed the man from his grip. Xiao Sa radiated displeasure, staring fiercely at the place Bai Jing had touched, his aura chilling.

Bai Jing was a little speechless. He had just grabbed someone to ask him something! Did Xiao Sa need to be so stingy?

Xiao Sa's imposing manner was not something that ordinary people could bear. That killing intent that seemed to emerge from a storm of bloody rain not only changed the expressions of the mercenaries around them, making their faces more grave, it also made the person who had just shouted turn pale. He looked at Xiao Sa fearfully and trembled, biting hard on his lip as tears welled up in his eyes.

Bai Jing finally noticed that the man was really good-looking, and his look of fear carried a kind of pitiful beauty. Unfortunately, Xiao Sa had never been the type to be swayed to compassion by beauty. In his previous life, Xiao Sa had been merciless towards even him. In this life, Xiao Sa would not, nor would Bai Jing allow him to have any feelings of pity or sympathy for anyone except for himself.

"Crack!" That was the sound of an arm being broken.

The looks on the faces of the people around them turned odd; they hadn't expected that Xiao Sa would really make a move.

"Hurts, hurts, let me go... My brother-in-law is Qin Lie. I'll definitely kill you... What are you guys still standing there all stunned for..." Hua Miao howled loudly in pain and roared madly at the mercenaries nearby. Several of them glanced over, then looked at Xiao Sa and Bai Jing. Except for one mercenary who hesitated, the other three stood motionless and expressed their attitudes very clearly.

Bai Jing laughed lightly, the corners of his lips curving up in a playful arc. He looked at Hua Miao on the ground in disdain and said casually, "Shut up. If you keep making noise, the next to go will be your chin."

His tone of voice was unhurried and even, carrying an arrogant and lofty attitude that was unique to Bai Jing, and nobody doubted the truth of his statement.

Hua Miao stared up at him in horror then glared at the mercenaries beside him in anger. His hate-filled eyes seemed to want to shoot through them, but seeing that nobody was willing to help him, he hatefully hung his head to cover the poisonous resentment in his eyes and began to cry in a low voice.

Looking at the crying youth in front of him, Bai Jing had no doubt that he wouldn't hesitate to violently avenge himself on them if he ever had the chance. But so what? In the face of absolute strength, everything else was merely empty talk. Right now, he was more curious about the mercenaries beside the youth.

Bai Jing fell into quiet thought, carefully recalling what had just happened, and his expression sank slightly. He had to admit to himself that he had miscalculated this time. It was too coincidental for Hua Miao to suddenly appear here beside him. It seemed like he had walked over from the other side of the hall when Bai Jing and Xiao Sa had come in looking for someone to speak to.

Bai Jing's expression flickered gloomily. Normally, they were the ones to beat others, but today he'd been pecked at instead. His long, narrowed eyes flashed with a sharp light. It seemed that news had spread quickly across K City Base. Someone had seen through his temper so quickly, and according to his lofty character who would not place anyone on the same level as himself, he would indeed have just casually grabbed someone to interrogate. Then, the current situation would arise. He and Xiao Sa had only just arrived and couldn't take the gentle approach anymore. Faced with the provocation of others, they would only use even more strength to retaliate, deterring those around them who were watching like prowling tigers with their power.