Chapter 6

Late Night Conversations
"She was simple like quantum physics."
Please vote and comment!❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤

"Please vote and comment!❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤

The pavement along the lake was empty. There was a soft summer wind flowing against us as we looked out onto the water. I was leaning against him with his arm wrapped around me.

"This is one of my favorite places to come to on a warm night," I confessed to him in a hushed voice.

"You come here often?" He asked and turned to look at me.

"I used to come here a lot with my mom when I was younger and she had a day off," I sat up straight, away from him, breathed in deeply and remembered flashbacks of running with my mom and her chasing me making sure I didn't fall into the water.

"That sounds amazing. Do you still come down here with her?" Mateo asked.

"I — I can't anymore. My mother isn't around anymore," My voice was leveled as best as I could. I couldn't bring myself to look at him, and see pity in his eyes.

"Sofia, I am so sorry." He paused, "My sister and I were both orphaned as young children," He reached over pulled me closer to him and kissed my temple.

I looked at him and gave him a weak smile, "I'm sorry, I brought up this depressing topic and it's barely our first date!" I laughed nervously and covered my face.

"I don't mind it. It's life and shit happens," he said.

"Thank you," I said quietly, and we both kept looking at the water. The moon was hovering overhead and leaving a trail of light in the water. If I hadn't made things depressing with my little story then this could be more romantic.

"You do look beautiful and especially in the moonlight." Mateo complemented me, and I could feel him looking over to me.

"Thank you," I said and a small smile spread over my face, however, I didn't turn to look at him out of my stubbornness of not giving him what he wants.

There was that word again, beautiful. He's been calling me beautiful since we met. I wasn't completely paying attention to his actions when I felt one of his arms around my waist and his other hand on the side of my face turning me to face him.

"Wait, wha—"My protesting fell short when Mateo's lips were pressed against mine. I suddenly felt sparks go throughout my body, and I quickly reacted my kissing him back with my eyes closed. My arms wrapped around his neck, and I quickly stood on my knees to tower over him to dominate the kiss. He responded by grabbing one of my legs and pulling it to his other side so that I would straddle him. I can feel the edge of my dress going higher up my thighs. His hand ran up my thigh leaving a trail of goosebumps and squeeze my hip, and his other hand was tangled in my hair gripping it lightly. He stopped kissing me and began to kiss my neck. I tilted my head up to give him better access. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the sensation. He then began to trail down my neck and to my chest where he pressed his face between my breasts. He then ran his mouth over my hard nipple and pressed it between his lips. The bra I was wearing did nothing hide them. However, I knew this couldn't keep going.